Advice needed

Hey everyone!

So, I've had some promising contact with my ex in that he admitted to me that he still had ''massive feelings'' for me - but not promising enough that he keeps contacting me (because he doesn't) or said it in person (it was a text.)

I'm just wondering -

My ex is still listed as 'In A Relationship' on MySpace, even though he's been on there countless times since we broke up, and I am still listed as his #1 Interest on there as well.

Thing is, when I text him - although it may take a while for him to message me back, since he admitted his feelings for me, he has messaged me back every time. And then, although he leaves it go for a little while, he messages me again if I haven't answered, just to remind me almost.

I need some advice.

My ex is the kind that won't do anything unless he knows from my side how I'm feeling, what I'm thinking, etc. etc.

What do I do? Do I ease into texting? Do I leave it alone?

EG: Last night, I heard 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift. The very last time we had contact that went nowhere, he initiated this because he'd heard this song and got really upset - because he felt this was a song about us, and that he couldn't take the thought of losing me if I really was the girl he loved. Fast forward five months, and obviously nothing worked at that time.

I heard 'Love Story' last night and BALLED MY EYES OUT. I couldn't hack it. Couldn't do it. So I asked him if I could ask a question - testing the waters. A couple of hours later I get a text back, saying he'd just got my message and asking what my question was. I didn't answer. 45 minutes later, there's another message - I guess you're asleep, hey? Then this morning, at 8AM - what was your question?

WHAT DO I DO?!

Yes, the classic "I still have feelings for you" but then still keeps the distance. I gather he dumped you? If he did then he needs to actually step up to the plate and do much more than vague declarations without concrete follow through (actually asking you to reconcile). Many a dumpee have been in your same situation trying to interpret the mixed messages from dumpers. Don't bother wasting your time trying to figure out what you need to do...if he dumped you the onus is on him to figure out what HE needs to do to make this work.

He says he still has massive feelings for you. Are there any BUTS to this? If not, then all is well. As far as him not answering texts in a timely fashion, I wouldnt read too much into it. I have a lesser example that might help....there is a lady I know how is also going through a breakup and I am trying to support her. But if I dont answer a text, she goes nuts texting repeatedly saying "whats wrong?" "are you mad"? And I'm like sheesh I was still in bed lol. It is natural to think that they are ignoring you as things are fragile, but that is really the least of your worries! (hugs!)

I understand you being terrified totally. Being that, try to not rush things or get too ansy for answers just yet. Tread carefully, keep it light and friendly and concentrate on you. I think you are really in a good possible situation so feel confident in that! Be happy my friend....massive feelings? Id give my right arm to hear that from my ex! haha

cheers!

Archived