I know I posted something similar to this before, asking for remedies to clear up stretch marks, but I didn't say how depressed they make me. I'd rate my appearance 6-8, but these stretch marks make me feel like a total 0.

I'm not an over weight person. In fact, I'm 5'5 and weigh about 124-126 lbs. Could I lose a couple of those lbs? Possibly, but no one looks at me and puts me in the overweight catagory.

However, I have these stretch marks down the sides of my thighs and back of my calves. I feel that unless I eat under 1000 calories in a day, I will wake up the next with MORE stretch marks. It gives me low self esteem and incredibal insecurities even while on anti-depressants.

My mom says it's weird. Except for the few exeptions from her pregnancy with me, she has never had any stretch marks.

I'm not sure what I'm asking for from your responses, but I needed to find an alternative place to vent because my boyfriend was getting tired of it. lol

Well my ex was a doctor and he told me that the best way to prevent stretch marks is to drink lots of water. In terms of getting rid of them, I don't think there's a permanent way to do so.

I hope that helps! And don't worry, it's probably not as bad as you think you're probably just focusing on it too much

When I first started at a gym just from muscle stretch it can give you stretch marks. Do you exercise any? Could be that. min went away but some guys that work alot don't. Not sure why. You're not fat don't worry 120s sounds like a great body and any guy that degrades you for a few stretch marks ain't worth having around. If you think your a 6-8 then you are =] don't think on it to hard seeyasss.

You don't have to be fat to have stretch marks, it could be because you either gained or loss a significant amount of weight in a short period of time. I'm 110 lbs (5'5") and have stretch marks on my upper thigh and lower leg but it's because my weight fluctuates like crazy, I could be 130 today but 110 in 2 weeks. So the marks are from the skin stretching then going back to normal.

I didn't know you could get stretch marks unless you had been pregnant. My mom had none at all with three kids, and I just have one or two faint ones on my breasts. I've had a child, also. I've always drank a lot of water so maybe that is why. It could be genetic, though.

You don't have to be fat to have stretch marks, it could be because you either gained or loss a significant amount of weight in a short period of time. I'm 110 lbs (5'5") and have stretch marks on my upper thigh and lower leg but it's because my weight fluctuates like crazy, I could be 130 today but 110 in 2 weeks. So the marks are from the skin stretching then going back to normal.

If you dont mind me asking, how is your weight fluctuating so much? Are you okay?

Why are all the 5'5 girls dealing with stretch marks? I have em too.

I find that cocoa butter helps a little bit. I love Palmer's products.

Stretch marks have to do with skin tone and elasticity. It's possible to have them without having children (my mom doesn't have any but I do). You can have them from losing or gaining a lot of weight or from growing taller. Once they appear, there's nothing you can do about them, but they fade with time.

Stretch marks are also linked to some genetic conditions that affect the connective tissue of the body.

• 5 months later...

well you're not the only one, because my mom has NO stretch-marks...other than the few on her belly from having twins.

yet i, 5'2 100 lbs & no kids......... have them everywhere.

and they also depress me. i hate waring shorts or skirts, although i live in a hot area... it makes me mad that i always have to hide behind jeans [unless it's night or something]

idk, but i feel that if all us "marked" people with insecurities... would just STICK together & remind each other that we're still cute...... we would be a happier bunch.

I'm 5'5, and I'm not overweight, but I have stretch marks too. I have them on my arms, my thighs, my back - it's been there for years. They do fade a bit over time but to be honest there isn't much that you can do about it. It's one of those things that you have to accept. I'm sure you're making a bigger deal about it then necessary. If your bf has no problem with it, then you shouldn't worry about them either.

Archived