annalisa84

I've been on birth control pills for years and sometimes when needed I skip my period with them. I did that last month and I had some bleeding in the middle of the cycle. Now.. when it was time for my new period, it didn't come. Nothing!

I am sexually active, but beside the pill, we usually also use condoms, so the risk should be minimum.

Is it normal that after the bleeding in the middle of the cycle, my period was just skipped? Should I do a pregnancy test and when should I do that?

If you have missed a period, then a pregnancy test hsould be accurate right now. Take one ASAP for piece of mind- but given the fact that you are on the pill and using condoms- I HIGHLY doubt that you are pregnant.

I barely ever got a period while on the pill, and sometimes would get breakthrough spotting as you described.

I think that the chance should be very very small... I really doubt it's even possible if you're consequent with condoms.

But, given that you're technically late now- you can take a test. Do it asap, don't procrastinate because you're scared. Just get it over with.

Archived