Oh gosh, pictures do it NO justice!!!!!!!!!! But ok

Its a 1920's art deco style ring...soooo unique

We were at the beach at night letting our dogs run around like animals (a tradition we have every night) and we were sitting on a bench talking about the future and he basically said "well I can't picture one with out you...will you marry me?"

The funny thing is, a minute before he asked, people were doing fireworks like a mile down the beach. Totally unrelated, but cool effect hahaha

I'unno maybe i'm just not up with the times but it seems rather ridiculous that you girls expect so much out of the ring. That is pretty selfish. Why can't you be happy you're engaged? I've seen too many threads on here that put so much emphasis on the ring. Either "look at my beautiful ring!!!" or "glad im engaged but the ring sorta sucks"

- no wonder i'm single

But i would still like to congratulate you! Sorry for trying to change the topic!

I'unno maybe i'm just not up with the times but it seems rather ridiculous that you girls expect so much out of the ring. That is pretty selfish. Why can't you be happy you're engaged? I've seen too many threads on here that put so much emphasis on the ring. Either "look at my beautiful ring!!!" or "glad im engaged but the ring sorta sucks"

- no wonder i'm single

The ring isn't important to all girls.

- no wonder i'm single

But i would still like to congratulate you! Sorry for trying to change the topic!

Don't worry about it - my ring cost nowhere near 3 months salary (less than 2 weeks actually) and that's more than "enough".

having the ring as a symbol was important to me.

i picked it out back in january. it wasnt that expensive. its not a diamond...its actually a white sapphire and ya know what...you cant tell the difference!!!

3 months salary is ridonkulous if you ask me hahaha

Makes me wonder what if i dont get a good enough ring....

As long as it's tasteful, it's fine whether how big or small the diamond is.

I didn't get a huge diamond but was pretty impressed at my bf's finding a ring skills because the ring is totally me and he didn't ask for my preferences. He already picked up a matching wedding band to go with it (wasn't a set), so I thought that was cute =)

I think I had told him I loved white gold/platnium a while before though.

Archived