need to vent and a little advice

joethe

so heres my situation; me and my girlfriend broke up 3 weeks ago, she moved back in with her mom 45 min away from where im living.. she also has our son with her. We reconciled 3 days ago, and she wants to stay living there for a while while we work on ourselves.. I have decided not to push her at all and to give her space. Its really hard knowing that i cant see her when i want because im so busy with work and school. I just wish she would come to her damn senses. she does text me throughout the day telling me how much she loves me and misses me. I do believe that another reason why she is not willing to move back in with me right now is because her parents dont care for me much. I am i doing the right thing by not pursing her any further and letting her come to me when she's ready?

Thanks, im just going to lay low and let her decide when the time is right. She told me last night that i seem a bit distant from here, which i could understand because im not pursuing her what so ever. Im letting her call me when she wants to talk and pretty much just laying low. i hope im making the right decisions

she wants to stay living there for a while while we work on ourselves..

And, by golly, she probably has a great point here.

You should look at this time as a gift, a great opportunity to reflect on the real problems that led to the separation and to make real, lasting changes.

Don't be any rush to live together again; as counterintuitive as it sounds, this period of separation may turn out, in the long run, to be the best thing that ever happened to your relationship.

Archived