Blighted ovum pregnancy

hers

Is miscarraige hereditary? My grandma had 10 over her life time and had 6 babies too. She had miscarraiges and then a baby, couple more miscarriages and then another baby. Is it hereditary?

They can be. From either side.

My midwife questioned about miscarrages on my side, and my partners side.

To the OP is there any chance there wrong with the dates? I went for a private scan when I had been bleeding. Dated from my period I should have been 8 weeks+ But they couldn't see anything in the sac. They told me its either too early, or the baby is dead or didn't develope.

I went for a later scan, and they did see something. so I must have been about 4weeks maybe 5 at the time of the first scan.

Don't want to get your hopes up, just something that happened to me. Really hope its the same with your sister =(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it depends on what you believe Hers. I do believe it is a death because I believe in life from conception to natural death.It depends to on what your sister believes.Did they do a beta to see if her HcG numbers are stable ect? I mean she could be off on when she ovulated, if she has periods that are not regular. People have been wrong about that which causes miscalculations.

Thanks for your help guys.

She was on BC till the beginning of february and was on it for 9 years with no break till then. She was pregnant within a week of being off it (went off it to try to start getting pregnant). She's always had very regular periods b/c of the pill.

I was told to wait a full month (cycle) when stopping contraception if I wanted to concieve.

But Victorias right, blood tests on hcg levels are really good. There doctor should send them for a few blood tests.

But to the op when you said that you seem more upset than your sister. People grieve differently. And even if a baby didn't develope, they still hoped and dreamed about a baby. So I still believe its a loss =(

When my baby died, I couldn't cry or anything. My own mother told me I was an unfeeling cow. People really do greive differently, it may have not even hit her. Or like you said she's still hoping that there wrong =(

Really hope they are =(

Wednesday is her next ultrasound so not till then. I'll keep you guys updated! Thank you all for your concern. It really means a lot.

They decided on names, and I don't like them....oh well. Not my baby!

They might change their minds still ... the birth would be awhile away. Do you remember that friends episode where Rachel has these (awful, IMO) names picked out, and she feels like they just don't fit, and ends up picking Emma? My parents have told me the names they considered for me, and MAN, I am SO grateful I ended up with my name, and not the horrid ones they were thinking of! (My name isn't really Sophie, btw).

Lots of positive thoughts until Wednesday!

My favorite in my baby name book under male names is "Brain".

It's a 50,000 baby names book, and I think at a certain point they just started throwing random words in there to make the quota.

Too bad I'm having a girl.

HM, keep us updated, I'll be saying a little prayer for your sister and her hubby.

Update:

She's fine! The baby is fine! Her ovulation date was off, so the date of conception was off, so that means she's not as far along as they thought. She's 7 weeks and 3 days along now instead of 10 weeks and one day. They heard the heartbeat and saw the little bean on the monitor. Her new due date is nov 22 instead of the day before my birthday (originally due nov 4).

Thank you everyone for your kind words and good thoughts!!

That gives me a little extra time to be better at knitting!

Of course I'm serious haha. Man I was so worried that she was gonna miscarry. I am so glad about this. Bummed it won't be born on my bday but either way, it's healthy!!

Now to talk her out of the names she's chosen...

Update:

She's fine! The baby is fine! Her ovulation date was off, so the date of conception was off, so that means she's not as far along as they thought. She's 7 weeks and 3 days along now instead of 10 weeks and one day. They heard the heartbeat and saw the little bean on the monitor. Her new due date is nov 22 instead of the day before my birthday (originally due nov 4).

Thank goodness. Congrats on being an aunt, it's such an experience. I've been one since I was 3, lol.

Update:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!! That is the day my little Liam would have been due. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!!! THAT is why they did not see anything before!! It was too early. That is why she has so few symptoms too, mine did not hit until 8 weeks. Then I was puke queen for 5 more months.

My sister also has no "symptoms" right now--no morning sickness, no soreness, no fatigue. She said she feels perfectly fine. Her boobs hurt for about a week but are fine now. Is taht normal?

I am 27 weeks and i didnt know i was pregnant till 25 weeks because i had absolutely no symptoms. A little weight gain.

Archived