why do people use dating sites?

Elsewhere

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never found the need to tell my friends i was using online dating. I would simply say i had a date. If it came up where we meet i'd say it, but i never felt the need to disclose it. It's not really their business.

It's not that my friends would care, it's just that it wasn't really their business.

I never found the need to tell my friends i was using online dating. I would simply say i had a date. If it came up where we meet i'd say it, but i never felt the need to disclose it. It's not really their business.

It's not that my friends would care, it's just that it wasn't really their business.

i've always told my friends where i met a girl. i'm close like that with my friends. we talk about everything.

i've always told my friends where i met a girl. i'm close like that with my friends. we talk about everything.

If they ask I would tell.

I guess I am a little more private than some people. I don't share everything about my life, not even with my friends. The only person who really knows everything is my SO...and my kids run a close second.

I have always been a bit introspective and guarded. I am the type in the group who genuinely enjoys hearing what others have to say about their lives and such then be the one to disclose all of mine.

Just a personality type.

So if CD wouldn't want to automatically disclose his online dating activities it isn't wrong of him to not do so.

why is this being argued again? i just said i'm open with my friends. you aren't, good for you guys. was just saying my part like CD did.

it might be because you are married with children. or are you dating too js? but i know i'd still be open with my friends about things. intimate details would be left out though.

Ghost why do you assume this is an argument? Didnt you in your last most recent posts on this thread give CD a hard time for not sharing his online dating experiences with friends? When i respond to these threads ghost I draw on my experiences when I was single, obviously, because using my married experience won't apply.

MY point was YOU are open with your friends. That is great. Other people keep somethigns private even with their friends. CD is obviously that type and I chimed in to say yes, some people are like that and there is nothing wrong with it.

Single or married, my interactions with my friends as in what i would share with them didn't change. It isn't even relevant the married or single debate, but when i talk about online dating I draw and use examples of when I was single as that makes the most applicable commentary.

Just because a person is married doesn't mean they were not once single and have valuable experiences to share with others.

Don't view everything as an argument. Just a debate as the last few posts form some of you are beating CD up a bit saying he is ashamed of online dating and that might not be the case. He might just be more private than you guys are.

LOL and i cant get why someone Would NOT be private with it. To me it just doesn't seem natural for even a good friend to know details like that. I don't get the point.

you never talked to your friends about your dating situations? no conversation like i usually have:

'how's it going with ____?'

'pretty good. we went to dinner at ____ and went bowling.'

'where did you meet her again?'

nothing like that js?

you never talked to your friends about your dating situations? no conversation like i usually have:

'how's it going with ____?'

'pretty good. we went to dinner at ____ and went bowling.'

'where did you meet her again?'

nothing like that js?

Sure, that would be a very normal convo.

I am just saying if i was never asked where i met my SO i doubt i'd have brought it up first.

Sure, that would be a very normal convo.

I am just saying if i was never asked where i met my SO i doubt i'd have brought it up first.

i wouldn't either. but i can guarantee it will get discussed at some point with my friends. they know i'm single, i know most of them are, i ask, they ask. i just found it weird that he said it was guy code to not speak of such things.

Archived