THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Almost 9 weeks!

I'm doing great. It is interesting to see how much things change by reading over the posts since the breakup. I actually felt bad for myself as if I was a different person when I viewed my original entries. I have never been hit as hard by a breakup as I have with this one. I'm feeling like myself again. It feels good.

Day 3

This is my third day and it´s sooo hard but I can honestly say that I think that it will be a little easier for me from now on. Because i had never been more than 2 days without talking to him so if I made it three days already. Plus tomorrow is his birthday so I hope he misses us like crazy lol.

Day 11.

I am home and went out with this huge group of friends tonight. I'll tell you something really crazy. Typically after highschool ends, people go in their own direction and lose touch with their friends. However, my group of about 10-15 friends have stuck together. None of us go to the same college and we are all spread out. We sat there for literally two hours tonight, drinking, talking about the 'good days'. We were all athletes and played on a lot of the same times, so we talk about those times as well.

We then went to a local bar and had a great time. This one asian girl (who was decent) apparently thought I was attractive. I wasn't into her, but it was a great ego boost. I was complimented on multiple occasions about how good I looked. People were amazed as I told them about my future plans and aspirations.

At the end of the day, I realize that I miss her, but us not being together is the best thing for now. We both need to experience life as single, 21-year olds. We both have so much of the world to see and we couldn't gain all of that life experience while being in our relationship.

Mind you, my mind does wonder. She was at this bar in NYC with one of her girlfriends tonight. I definitely thought about it all night. The girlfriend is 'dating' one of my good friends and he volunteers information about her when she goes out. He tells me that she never does anything with other guys or anything, which makes me feel better.

Technically it is Thanksgiving here and I'm thankful for my friends, family, and all of the ENA posters. Without you, we'd all be lost.

Day 85

The rough patches aren't so rough. The days and weeks aren't so long. I don't cry when I hear a sad song (usually), and I don't think I'm going to die from a broken heart.

I honestly had a hard time getting to this point. I'm still not out of the woods. I still hurt enough to be cautious. I still think about him too much. But I've gone through some rough times (aside from the breakup, i.e. deaths), and I've gotten through it all without him. I resent the fact that he hasn't been there for me, and it has helped me move on.

I still believe he was the love of my life. I have a hard time believing that I will find anyone with whom I could be so compatible. I haven't started dating, and I have no plans to do so anytime soon. I have a great guy friend, someone I had a serious crush on several years ago. But I got to know him, and got over the crush, lol. I like talking to him, and he asked me to lunch (which turned into drinks & dinner too) one day a couple weeks ago. I accepted that only because I saw it as a "safe" date, meaning I did not feel that he is interested in me romantically. I've been getting hints that would tell me otherwise; at least signs of attraction. He leaves me some very sweet messages after doing things together. I'm more amused by this turnaround than anything. He knows that I'm not over the ex. I wonder if he knows how much he is helping me to get over him? Having someone else appreciate you for the person you are really does a lot for your self-esteem.

I'm on the cusp of letting go. Just not quite brave enough yet... Time. Sweet Time.

Day 25 of NC

All I can say is wow. I cannot believe I have made it 25 days without speaking to him. It seems so surreal. I still don't feel like the whole break up real. I still keep hoping we'll get back together one day even though it isn't something that's for the best... It hurts when I see other couples, or when I do things/go places with friends where I have been with him. Everywhere I look, something or other reminds me of him...

Day 4

Ok well today is his birthday and it has been really hard not to call him to wish him a happy birthday but I´m hanging in there and I feel good about it, I do keep in mind we have a son together but he really doesn´t deserve us so that makes it a little easier to not contact him. Hopefully it will get better with time. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

day 1

i sent a bunch of wacky emails to him. knowing he wont respond. now i feel stupid of course of course. just makes me look low and pathetic. and his not responding makes him seem strong and great. whyyyy did he have to come back into the picture. ugh. ive been a crazy wreck with everything ive contacted him about. god...i should be embarrassed i even said the things i did. ugh. i want him out of my head forever. i really do. i want to move on and find a great love. no more emails no more emails.

Day 12.

I did break NC today.

My ex sent me a Happy Thanksgiving text wishing me and my family well.

I believe in being polite when people reach out so, I repeated her message back to her.

Good to know that I am still on her mind, even on the holidays.

Yesterday's horoscope social agitation that has been in your life for the last three weeks is coming to an end, Sagittarius. The celestial energy will help you learn some lessons and prepare for the next cycle. It would be great if you had some success and honors, because this would help you confront the coming weeks. It will be a time of meditation and feeling a little bit disconnected from the world.

Today's horoscope playful attitude is apt to be opposed by someone who refuses to see things your way, Sagittarius. Walk away from those who aren't committed to helping the situation. It could be that there are people who purposefully try to sabotage your plans. You're too smart to fall into this trap. Prove to others that even though you may be happy, it doesn't mean you're gullible.

Day 86

Thanksgiving Day... I knew there would be no way for him to get through the day without thinking about me. I really went the extra mile for him for the past three years on Thanksgiving. I was content to spend the day with my family today, something I haven't done for at least four years. Also had to do very little cooking, which was a nice change-up.

As much as I AM moving forward (and I am, I feel it), there is still a part of me that waits for his call. I know it will happen, it's just a matter of when and if it's going to be too late. Even now, I'm not sure how I would react to the call and/or seeing him. I wonder if it's been too long already.

Tonight he paid our cell phone bill. Last month would have been my turn, and he paid it. So I planned on paying it this month, and now he has again. It's not like it was the last day to pay or anything like that. Also, I went to look at history on my computer (teenagers) and noticed one of them had been on ebay. Not having been on ebay for a long time and wanting to make sure I was not logged in, I went to ebay. Apparently the last person logged onto ebay on my computer was my ex, as it showed all his recent searches. I couldn't help but notice the things that he is looking at are definitely things that would remind him of me in a big way.

But I'm definitely not getting my hopes up, and I am continuing NC. Tomorrow, I am asking a couple friends if they would like to fly to NYC for New Year's Eve. I just have to do something awesome and memorable that night. I've always wanted to be in Times Square when the ball drops. 2011 is going to be my year!!

Day 1

So I'm officially going to go for NC. I've made every mistake in the book since the beginning of the "break up" ( ) and it only caused confusion for the both of us. It's been really hard because the break up was initiated by her very suddenly finding someone else after being on and off for 4 years. Her reason (which was valid) being was that I wasn't giving her complete signs that I wanted to be with her until now that she's gone and found someone new. It's a total "You don't know you truly love something until its gone" situation. Well anyway I was actually doing pretty good at NC for the past few days, but then I broke and sent a brief but friendly Happy Thanksgiving to her yesterday. Got no reply though which really hurt (its funny she did reply to some random post on facebook instead of my text >.

Day 13.

Another great day today. Things just keep getting better for me. I had a great day. I went out with my Dad. I went out with one of my friends tonight. I had a great night.

Still thought about you at times, but I think about me 24/7.

Today's horoscope: You might be distracted by daydreams of a trip you're planning to take, Sagittarius. A friend could phone and want to discuss it, which doesn't help. Visions of faraway places and exciting pastimes may dance in your head, and routine tasks seem incredibly tedious and unworthy of attention. It's best to get them done if you can. Then you can fantasize about your vacation without guilt.

Ironic again. My friends and I are going to a basketball game tonight that we've been planning for a long time. Sounds like my 'vacation'.

Day 26

I went shopping today. I was gonna buy a new TV, but I realized that I didn't have enough money with me so I just bought a new video game. I haven't bought a video game for my PS3 in so long. I bought GT5 because I love racing games and I love cars. I've been playing this game for most of the day. It takes my mind off of my ex. I also went to the gym to work out. I still have to buy a few groceries tomorrow.

day 20 for me. i went to the grocery store and after found myself driving toward where she lives. i turned around and went back home. yes it's hard after 6 years together.

I can imagine that. It must've been really hard to tell yourself to turn around and head the other way. I've been in your shoes several times lol so I know exactly how that feels.

Day 2 of NC

I'm glad I spoke to him yesterday if I hadn't it would always be in the back of my mind "what if...". I don't regret it at all still and don't feel like I'm back at square one. I feel like I'm at day 27 like I should have been anyway. Though I do still miss him, I'm not depressed about it anymore. I still keep wishing he'd come back like he did last time I suppose since it's happened once I keep thinking it'll happen again...

Day 6

Well, it´s day 6 for me and it´s still TERRIBLE yesterday and today have been especially hard and I feel like if I´m going to crack at any minute and call him but I know that I can´t. If his ego is sooo big that he can´t even call to ask about his son then why should I call him right? I´m just taking a day at a time and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Day 14.

A relaxing day at home.

Still trying to figure out what the best thing for me to do with my ex is. I'm not going to initiate any contact with her. However, I have two options.

1. Respond casually when she reaches out to me.

or

2. Next time she contacts, Tell her that I don't think casual contact is good for us as feelings on both ends will impede our friendship for the time being. I will always have fond memories of our relationship, but I think we both learned a lot and will apply it for our next relationships.

I'm over that needy crap so that's not even an issue for me anymore.

Today's Horoscope Move in for the touchdown today, Sagittarius, and don't stop until you succeed. Don't let other people's insecurities become yours. Have confidence in yourself and the way you behave around others. Just because someone else feels sad doesn't mean you have to, just to make them feel better. The best thing you can do in this situation is turn it around by exhibiting sheer happiness.