How to end it respectfully

yuki

I would call him before Saturday and let him know. I would hate to think of a decent guy getting ready for what he thinks will be a nice date on a Saturday night only to be dumped.

Yes, do this. But do mention you'd still like to see him as a friend. And if you still go out... pay for yourself. That might help both parties see it really isn't a date.

I really want to take the approach that will crush his ego the least...

I think it's nice that you are worried about his feelings, but honestly, you are over-thinking this a bit. You've known each other for only 2 months, gone out 6 times, aren't exclusive, and he is dating other women. I don't think you're going to "crush his ego."

I still say do it over the phone, but if you feel you must do it in person, then just make sure you do it before Saturday.

I think it's nice that you are worried about his feelings, but honestly, you are over-thinking this a bit. You've known each other for only 2 months, gone out 6 times, aren't exclusive, and he is dating other women. I don't think you're going to "crush his ego."

I still say do it over the phone, but if you feel you must do it in person, then just make sure you do it before Saturday.

I think you're right I'm overthinking. He'll probably be like, "yeah, whatever." and schedule a date with another woman on Saturday, LOL.

really????

So, if you start seeing someone, spending time with someone, and start to get attached to this person, and think something has the potential of happening, then the other person changes their mind, you would think you would NOT deserve the courtesy of an in-person "dumping" as you may put it.

I wouldn't....only 6 dates? No, I'd rather hear it on the phone.

isn't that fair to him though?

Oh, believe me, I WANT him to brush it off as nothing and move on. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Fortunately I don't think he has feelings for me, which makes it easier. I'll let him know asap. Thanks everyone...

So I've decided to end things with this guy I've been dating. We've been out on six dates over the course of two months. We have another date scheduled this Saturday (I made my decision after the date was planned). What's the proper way to end it? Should I tell him in person when I see him on Saturday? Cancel the date and tell him over the phone? We have a lot of respect for each other and I do want to remain friends if he feels the same way.

And this is why dating sucks for men, because you spend money on a girl and then all of a sudden after two months you want to be with another guy. It's no way I can remain friends with someone I been out on 6 dates with

Years ago I had about 3 or 4 dates with a guy. On the fourth date he waited until the end of the date to tell me he didn't think it would work out. Actually, I had sensed it with the difference in the way he was behaving during the date so it wasn't too surprising. I think I would have preferred that he told me over the phone...I just got the sense that in person he just wanted to see my reaction. Over the phone is better because then neither of you waste any more time on something that won't work out. Also, it is annoying if someone tells you this after the date is over...and yet saying it at the beginning of the date would then lead to an awkward date.

And this is why dating sucks for men, because you spend money on a girl and then all of a sudden after two months you want to be with another guy. It's no way I can remain friends with someone I been out on 6 dates with

He's dating other women man. He knows his limits. It's different for all guys. For all you know his dates could be a walk in the park, a trip to the local comedy club. 6 dates for him could= 100 bucks. He could also be very rich. If he went to places he actually enjoyed he's probably not going to feel a loss.

Actually I'm ending it because I'm dating only him and have started to really like him whereas he's dating multiple women and has spread himself a little too thin. Nothing wrong with dating multiple people. I would have done the same, but I'm too busy and can barely keep up with one person...

Actually I'm ending it because I'm dating only him and have started to really like him whereas he's dating multiple women and has spread himself a little too thin. Nothing wrong with dating multiple people. I would have done the same, but I'm too busy and can barely keep up with one person...

Hmm... Did you bother to have the talk with him?

He's dating other women man. He knows his limits. It's different for all guys. For all you know his dates could be a walk in the park, a trip to the local comedy club. 6 dates for him could= 100 bucks. He could also be very rich. If he went to places he actually enjoyed he's probably not going to feel a loss.

We've mostly hung out at casual, inexpensive, but fun places, which is just the way I like it in the beginning. If it was summer, I would have suggested a bike ride together, an outdoor concert in the park, etc. I don't like expensive dates because I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of the guy. I also offered to pay for some of our dates on multiple occasions (although he almost always refused to let me). Yes, he is also a very rich man, but that's irrelevant because I would have wanted to go to the same laid-back places regardless...

Nahhhh.... what am I supposed to say? I want you to like me more? You can't force feelings. I'm exiting before I get hurt.

You know the situation better than me. Seems like he has been honest tho. Chances are he expects him dating other women to not be ok with some women. He may react and he may not. Sounds like you're totally doing this for you and not expecting much from him tho.

You know the situation better than me. Seems like he has been honest tho. Chances are he expects him dating other women to not be ok with some women. He may react and he may not. Sounds like you're totally doing this for you and not expecting much from him tho.

He's been honest, which is one of the reasons I like him. He can and should date other women. It's his right since he's bound to no one at this stage. I'm not even going to mention it when I say good-bye. I'm only doing this for my peace of mind and not to get any reaction out of him.

Well, do you like him?, try to find out if he thinks of you the same way. Don't just end if you like him, and assume he doesn't like you because he is going on other dates. The only reason I dated more than one person at a time was to increase my chances of at least something working, and easing the blow of getting rejected. Easier to take when you having something else lined up. But as soon as I start to detect real interest from someone, I start concentrating on them right away.

Archived