What is your number one priority at this point in your life?

quirky

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To get a job so I can finally move into my own place. Apparently no one wants to give me one. I bet there would be someone "more qualified" than me if I applied for a toilet cleaning position.

Update: I may have spoken too soon. Interview on Thursday! \\

good luck on the interview

In this last year I have lost my job, in a career I have worked a decade to attain. I was forced to abandon my new house because it was cheaper to leave than stay through the winter. In the beginning of this hellish year, I met my soulmate and he stood by me through his own unemployment hell, along with mine, and my house-for-sale-hell. Through it all the 1st priority is to LOVE EACH OTHER...every day, no matter what is goin on. I was forced to stoop to unattractive levels in my career to keep the house afloat, and he was forced to work waaay below his station in life to survive.

So our priority? To be at peace...in a place far from where we lived before. We left the house, in hopes it would sell empty, and set off for brighter shores. Family is important. Mental well-being is important. Jobs are scarce, money is tight, but LOVE CONQUERS ALL. No matter what the struggle, when we chose love in the face of adversity and financial strife, everything always worked out. And it will continue to do so. This is a universal constant and it doesn't matter if you have "Love" in a romantic sense in your life or not. Barriers, opposition, adversity in all areas crumble in the face of love. Love for family, love for a mate, love of God...each and all are the keys to breaking through the storm.

• 3 months later...

Finding what makes me happy and what I want out of life rather than always trying to please someone else.

Figuring out what my passion is independent of another person.

Cultivating the courage to do things on my own and to fight for the realizations from the above two goals rather than meekly observing the status quo.

Archived