Oldest living virgin

iwishiknew

I think she is pretty abnormal though.. despite her saying she is happy about her life.

just like the 105 year old virgin, of course you can have fulfilling careers, holidays friends etc... but it is NOT NORMAL to have no desire for intimacy.

But, it is fine if you have no desire and never have sex. I see nothing bad about that.

It's only bad if they wanted sex and were never able to obtain it. That would be tragic.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, it is fine if you have no desire and never have sex. I see nothing bad about that.

It's only bad if they wanted sex and were never able to obtain it. That would be tragic.

Do you think it's normal to never have any desire for sex? That is what I find hard to believe.

I think when maybe when someone COULD NOT obtain it, as you suggested, they may convince themselves that they didn't want it anyway.

Kind of like if a person gets dumped, yeah they may have wanted the person but they need to convince themselves thins like, "well, I never wanted him/ her anyway... she was dumb/ boring/ smelled funny etc"

Just like virigins equating people having sex to drug-filled orgies and STDs. They try and think of all the bad things that COULD happen with sex and try and convince themselves that they are not missing out.

That's my take on it and any other adult virgin. I think it's more a case of them being sad that they never had it so they need to find all these negative aspects about sex, to make themselves feel better.

I have to wonder why you are so out to prove abnormality. Why do you actually have to label something like that. Don't we have enough lables in society. By labeling her abnormal you are trivializing her. By labeling anyone abnormal it is insulting. I have to wonder why you are going out of your way to insist her abnormality.

I tend to agree with you on this but can't say the person is 'abnormal'. Since that person doesn't describe me I can't pretend to know what is really in her head or has been in her head.

I don't, however, find a person who has wanted sex in their lives to be any less pure than a person like this who never wanted it (if in fact she is truthful and never did).

For many wmoen (and i am sure some men) it isn't even the sex they crave as much as they crave the human touch and closeness that is achieved thru the sex act. I can't say I feel a bit ashamed for having wanted them thru out my life.

I think when maybe when someone COULD NOT obtain it, as you suggested, they may convince themselves that they didn't want it anyway.

She's a woman, first of all, you ladies can obtain sex easily. Secondly, even any average looking guy can get sex if they want to have it badly enough.

There's nothing wrong with either being a virgin or not wanting to have sex. It's not "normal" in that it's not the norm, but neither are they freaks and not worthy of contributing to the gene pool or other nasty things that have been said here.

I have to wonder why you are so out to prove abnormality. Why do you actually have to label something like that. Don't we have enough lables in society. By labeling her abnormal you are trivializing her. By labeling anyone abnormal it is insulting. I have to wonder why you are going out of your way to insist her abnormality.

I have to wonder why you are so angry and uptight about this?

It is abnormal to be a 105 year old virgin or it wouldn't have been in the newspaper!

Is is also abnormal enough that someone would choose to write a thread about it.

Most people on this thread have agreed that is is not normal to have no sexual desire or intimacy

I'm not going out of my way to insult or trivialise a 105 year old woman.. i'm responding to a thread about it.

I'm not labeling ANYONE abnomal, I'm talking specifically about this woman. Where is there another 105 year old virgin??... pretty abnormal... no one can dispute that.

yeah esp your post saying "she is begging". would be intresting to know how 105 year old ghost look like. I bet not very intresting!

I thought what ghost said was kind of funny.. ENA needs more humour!

My grandmother would have laughed at that and she's a 90 year old devout Baptist!

She's a woman, first of all, you ladies can obtain sex easily. Secondly, even any average looking guy can get sex if they want to have it badly enough.

There's nothing wrong with either being a virgin or not wanting to have sex. It's not "normal" in that it's not the norm, but neither are they freaks and not worthy of contributing to the gene pool or other nasty things that have been said here.

Yes, exactly what I have been trying to get it. While it may not be what the masses do, the label "abnormal" has negative implications. How many people use the term "abnormal" in a neutral or positive way. Alternative sexual habits like bondage etc may not be what the masses do, may not be considered within the norm (it usually is considered on the fringes) but I would never consider a person who engages in that lifestyle as abnormal. People choose lifestyles that may not be the norm...such as this woman who chose a celibate lifestyle...but that doesn't make her an abnormal person.

Why do so many guys think it's sooooo easy for women to go get laid all the time.

I believe that 99.999999999999999999% of people do want intimacy, so I do think there is something abnormal with a person who doesn't even WANT it.

That's what the lady said, not that she tried and didn't meet the right person or was in the right situation, but that she never wanted it.

Mybe she was /is a lesbian and with her age and the era she grew up in frowned on that so severely she kept it to herself.

Seems like you simply forget the fact that "people are different"!?! Do you call gay people abnormal too? I am not pretty sure why you think a person can not be virgin by choice as I have seen girls that were pretty content not having sex,they just do not have that much of a sex drive. Also on the comment that you said "they dont know what they are missing out", I have to say if a person really does not want to have sex (assuming she was not abused or other mental problems at the time), I don't think sex is gonna be that much of a great thing for her.

Why do so many guys think it's sooooo easy for women to go get laid all the time.

I believe that 99.999999999999999999% of people do want intimacy, so I do think there is something abnormal with a person who doesn't even WANT it.

That's what the lady said, not that she tried and didn't meet the right person or was in the right situation, but that she never wanted it.

Mybe she was /is a lesbian and with her age and the era she grew up in frowned on that so severely she kept it to herself.

Oh yes...there was another post on here trotting out the gay card. Someone is a virgin thereforee they must be gay/lesbian.

Seems like you simply forget the fact that "people are different"!?! Do you call gay people abnormal too? I am not pretty sure why you think a person can not be virgin by choice as I have seen girls that were pretty content not having sex,they just do not have that much of a sex drive. Also on the comment that you said "they dont know what they are missing out", I have to say if a person really does not want to have sex (assuming she was not abused or other mental problems at the time), I don't think sex is gonna be that much of a great thing for her.

i'm not forgetting any simple fact.

No, I don't think being gay is abnormal. That has nothing to do with it.

This has to do with sexual desire...which almost people have, regardless of if they are straght, gay, bi..

This woman claimed she did not have it at all.

Not only did this woman say she had no sexual desire, she said she had no desire for a relationship

Oh yes...there was another post on here trotting out the gay card. Someone is a virgin thereforee they must be gay/lesbian.

oh please, it is a possiblity..

It has nothing to do with trotting out any gay card. I have an old aunt who is in her eighties now and only came out on her 80th birthday.

I never said such a thing...

It is completely realistic that a woman growing up in the 1920s is not as likely to come out as woman in the 1990s or 2000's

i'm not forgetting any simple fact.

No, I don't think being gay is abnormal. That has nothing to do with it.

This has to do with sexual desire...which almost people have, regardless of if they are straght, gay, bi..

This woman claimed she did not have it at all.

Not only did this woman say she had no sexual desire, she said she had no desire for a relationship

"abnomral" as saying she is not like most people is actually true here. But as CAD said I don't like to label people. Also the argument that you should have some sexual desire to be normal does not make sense, one can argue this sexual desire should be toward the opposit sex for them to be normal since a low percentage of people are gay. Anyway my point is just dont label, accept the fact that some people may not want sex or relationships and it does not mean they are fighting against their nature or anythin, actually this is their nature.

You guys are silly. Can't you read the article and take it at face value? She just never found the time or interest in procreating and/or recreational sex, she's had a fulfilling life anyways, and SHE is content with her choices. Some of you are empathizing pretty inaccurately. Just because you have sexual attraction and desire does not mean this 105 year old lady, who has lived her life, needs to have sexual attraction and desire. Nor does it mean that she needed to have it in her heyday. You might not feel the desire to paint, or the desire to have a pet dog, or the attraction towards skydiving, or the attraction towards religion that some people feel are absolute essentials in life. To each their own I say. She's not normal, granted; even being 105 years old is a bit of a marvel. It's a curiosity to have lived that long without sexual experience, but she's obviously none the worse for it as she's accepted that path of life.

"abnomral" as saying she is not like most people is actually true here. But as CAD said I don't like to label people. Also the argument that you should have some sexual desire to be normal does not make sense. what are you basing it on? percentages? gay people may be 10 percent of population, so by your definition they can be abnormal too. Anyway my point is just dont label, accept the fact that some people may not want sex or relationships and it does not mean they are fighting against their nature or anythin, actually this is their nature.

Ok then how would you answer the question:

"Is it normal to have no desire for intimacy or relationships with any other person?"

If someone said to you that they had no desire for any other person, would you think that was normal?

Ok then how would you answer the question:

"Is it normal to have no desire for intimacy or relationships with any other person?"

If someone said to you that they had no desire for any other person, would you think that was normal?

"Is it normal to want to have sex while chained to a bed being whipped and beaten".

If someone said they had no desire for relationships and intimacy I would not give it a moment's thought because it is what it is...people are wired in all kinds of ways.

She had intimacy and relationships with her family and friends. Apparently not the sexual variety but she was normal in that respect according to the article.

Do you think it's normal to have no sexual desire for another person?

Even as a child i had crushes on boys.... didn't want to have sex with them at that age, but i wanted to hold hands or kiss.

We aren't talking about friendships or close family relationships.

She specifically said that she had no interest in relationships or sex.

"Is it normal to want to have sex while chained to a bed being whipped and beaten".

If someone said they had no desire for relationships and intimacy I would not give it a moment's thought because it is what it is...people are wired in all kinds of ways.

The example you gave is someone with sexual desire, just different sexual interest to some, so yes I do think that it is normal.

This woman said she doesn't fancy relationships or sex... not certain positions or sex toys.

Do you think it's normal to have no sexual desire for another person?

Even as a child i had crushes on boys.... didn't want to have sex with them at that age, but i wanted to hold hands or kiss.

We aren't talking about friendships or close family relationships.

She specifically said that she had no interest in relationships or sex.

Okay..she is abnormal, a freak of nature, an oddity...can we move on now.

Archived