Quick question....

pumpkinmoon

Would you consider it immature and childish for grown men of 25... who still live with their parents by the way to have sleep overs? Basically a group of male friends get together to watch dvds, play video games, poker and drink for 2 days. This usually consists of the friends arriving at one of their houses in the morning and staying for 2 days and 2 nights in the same room. Immature or what?

Would you consider it immature and childish for grown men of 25... who still live with their parents by the way to have sleep overs? Basically a group of male friends get together to watch dvds, play video games, poker and drink for 2 days. This usually consists of the friends arriving at one of their houses in the morning and staying for 2 days and 2 nights in the same room. Immature or what?

we call those "sausage parties"

Depends on what they're doing in other areas of their lives.

If their mom still folds their socks and makes them breakfast... I'd say its time to grow up.

Nothing wrong with living at home, or a sausage party or two, unless your entire life is a contradiction to the real world.

No..I don't really consider that immature. I have 30 year old guy friends who do the same thing. As long as it's not an every night thing and they have responsibilities, what's wrong with getting together for a couple nights and doing what they want?

Nothing wrong with it, except the living with parents part. Maybe I'm crazy but I think if you still live with your parents after 20 or so, it should be because they need you to help out. If it's a money thing for school I can see that, but if you are out and on your own I don't really see why you should still live with your mom and dad.

As for sleep overs and long weekends of game playing and drinking. That is fun. No reason not to have fun just because you'll older.

If you're a single guy going to college or with a steady career then I don't see this behavior as an issue since you're saving money by living at home and your nightlife would probably involve hanging with your friends anyways. If you are in a serious relationship or have a kid then yeah, the living with parents and 2 day party thing seems immature since there are bigger priorities.

How do you know theyre not saving money?LOL!

I don't know.

What I should have said was...a mature thing to do would be to get a job...or a second job...and work on the days that you would have waisted drinking. The extra income will allow you to move out of your parents move quickly.

Mind you, I don't know if there is a reason he is still at home. Perhaps his parents are sick and he is taking care of them.

It just seems really immature and disrespectful to his parents to be living at home at 25 and spending days drinking. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just answering the question honestly.

There may be good reasons why they're still living with their parents, and I'm not prepared to be judgmental about that.

To be honest, I take the view that if people want to get together for a couple of days and share activities in an unpressured environment, no problem with drunken driving, they're not doing anyone any harm - why not? If they're leading pressured lives otherwise, then this seems a good way to wind down.

Hey, times are tough these days, moving out and being on your own isn't so easy, I was forced to leave my parents when I was 19, I was only gone for about a year 1/2 but it was really tough, I was able to move back to help out my parents and to save a lil money.

As for the lil long nights, I don't know about sleepovers, but I have long nights with my friends to, saving money is critical in my life, so we just chill, play games, poker, same things you were doing, theres nothing wrong with that.

The 2 day thing is kinda gay though...LOL...; ) jks, have fun. thats all that matters in life.

Hey fairy,

Yes this is his whole life right now. Immature! I don't know if you are making a pros and cons list of him but this is just the tip of the iceberg.

He will never grow up to be a man until he starts acting like one and from what I know you have some waiting to do. If you look at all the things that he does that make you feel bad they almost all end up back at being immature.

Remember: Just because he has hair down there does not make him a man.

lost

There may be good reasons why they're still living with their parents, and I'm not prepared to be judgmental about that.

To be honest, I take the view that if people want to get together for a couple of days and share activities in an unpressured environment, no problem with drunken driving, they're not doing anyone any harm - why not? If they're leading pressured lives otherwise, then this seems a good way to wind down.

I agree 100% with this. Since I used to be a freelance graphic designer with no car and always at home, people assumed I was living off my G/f. LAME!

We may never know their story. Hell, its no ones business if theyre not commiting crime. Let them live peacefully and in happiness. Happiness is something not everyone has. Let them enjoy it.

I'm 21 and recently had to move back home due to a multitude of factors. I'm looking for a job, but during the "waiting period" of the holidays, I've had nothing else to do but play video games, hang out with friends, and date.

I can't say it's been all bad, but I can't wait for school to start and to find a job. I hate being in this house all day, but when you're broke and there's no money coming in, what else can you do?

My friends and I used to just spend weekends when we were all off just playing video games and BSing. 1-3 days at a time on occasion. It was fun. But now that we're older (as in, 21+) and some friends are married or have kids, we've cut the hanging out to occasionally. We still have parties now and then and we'll all drink and play video games (like tonight ^.^) but it's not often. Once every month or so... if we're that lucky. And it's not just guys, it's a social circle of 6-16 people including sisters, bf's/gf's, husbands and wives, and babies on occasion.

Archived