How do you know if they're the one?!?!?

confused4life

I've been with my boyfriend for about three years.

I've never been in a real relationship before this, so I don't know when you know that person is the one.

Sometimes I wonder what if this isn't meant to be and I'm supposed to be with someone else? Sometime I wonder if our relationship is really supposed to last?? But then we ended things briefly and all I wanted was to be with him? I know I love him, but is that enough??

Is it bad that I have to question this??

No its not bad to question it, but its subjective. We all go through different experiences with our S/Os. Some of these things make the bond irreplaceable. Some people meet under circumstances that create that same type of bond. Some people are really physically attracted to each other and that ties them together. Only you know what your definition of "the one" is. Maybe this person has what youve been looking for, or is what you wanted from day one.

I've never been in a relationship prior to this one, and I have no doubts that I want to spend forever with him. I think you just know and can tell when you've found that person that you feel that you can spend your life with.

It is normal to a certain extent to question, but when you know..you know.

I think if you are enjoying ur relationship, and if you cant think of anyone else u would rather be with, then when he asks you to marry him, you will know then, that he is the one.

until he asks you to marry him, what does it matter if he is "the one" if you dont want to end the relationship, and you cant think of anyone else you would rather be with?

Everyone has questions like that.

I love my boyfriend, and I know he is the one yet I still doubt and wonder if it would be better off without him.

That's totaly normal.

I don't think there's doubts with 'the one' I think thats the whole point of knowing they are the one, because there's no doubts or questions. If you actually think and wonder if you're better off without him, how can you turn and say but he is the one? Contradictions much?

See the above 2 comments are why i dont see the point in dating, at a young age anyways. Im only 19, so is rose21 who made the comment. Im not trying to say anything bad here about her(i dont know her), but after hearing something like this, why would i want to go and have a long relationship with a girl for her to always doubt and wonder about us and it probably end up not working out.

See the above 2 comments are why i dont see the point in dating, at a young age anyways. Im only 19, so is rose21 who made the comment. Im not trying to say anything bad here about her(i dont know her), but after hearing something like this, why would i want to go and have a long relationship with a girl for her to always doubt and wonder about us and it probably end up not working out.

I'm 19 and I believe I have a very healthy relationship. What do you plan to do? Not date till 25 and then go into the field with little knowledge of how relationships properly work. Unfortunately, dating experience comes mostly from error and learning from that.

Everyone has issues no matter what the age. Everyone has an occasional doubts. The true strength of the couple is how they deal with these issues and doubts.

What do you plan to do? Not date till 25 and then go into the field with little knowledge of how relationships properly work.

That is how it is for me right now, i dated a few girls during school when i got asked but i never worried about it, i knew it would go no where. So i have little experience, but i dont think that makes me not capable of having a proper/successful relationship.

Just ask yourself if you can see yourself without him. If you can, maybe he's not the one. If you can honestly say you cannot see yourself NOT being with him, that you would be incomplete without him as your "other half", he very well could be "The One"

• 1 month later...

Well I recently ended things with him, saying I needed time to think about us and whether we are right for each other, but I just can't figure it out.

I miss him, but not as much as I feel like I should. I'm doing ok that we're not together and it hasn't really affected me or hit me yet. But I don't know if that's because I think he'll still be there for me when I decide. But I also don't want to lead him on.

I'm just afraid that I'll completely cut things off and then regret it one day. But then I'm also afraid that I'll get back together and just not be happy. I mean I'm content with him. But I feel like somewhere down the line we lost the spark in our relationship. Like there isn't anything exciting anymore.

I just have no idea what I should do. Should I take a chance with us, and possibly get guilted into staying or should I just let him go and possibly end up wishing I realized how good I had it.

Everyone has issues no matter what the age. Everyone has an occasional doubts. The true strength of the couple is how they deal with these issues and doubts.

I agree with this. I am an absolute doubting Thomas, I doubt all the time and am ruled by it, its a nightmare, lol. But I know that I am in love and would not be without my boyfriend and that he is good for me and helps me grow, etc. etc. My life has turned around for the better and he is there for me whenever I need him and I want to do that for him too. I am happy but I still doubt, but that's just me, I'm mental/worry too much about nothing! lol

Archived