Punch clocks @ the bathroom starting today!!

glegend

Think about it, if I dont like following rules, then why follow the rules and regulations that are outlined in the OBC.

You don't have the first clue about the real world.

You are giving me 1 freakin example of you following the rules , yet you have posted numerous times pissed off because you have to follow other people's rules.

Oh wait, maybe that does prove a point. You only "like" or want to follow rules you think you should. Otherwise if you don't feel like you should, you just don't want to do it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think about it, if I dont like following rules, then why follow the rules and regulations that are outlined in the OBC. Its the same thing. The provicne has set out specific rules and regulation and what you can and cannot do, and they must be met. If I am such anit-rules then I dont have to follow the rules in the OBC when doing some construction work.

You follow those rules because you understand the logic behind them. Try to look at the rules you posted on this thread in the same way. They are created for the same reasons - safety and efficency. Even tho it seems they are created to be a pain in the ass, every rule you stated has some reason and logic behind it as to why it was implemented.

No one is going to tell me what I can and cannot keep in my pockets. I'm not leaving a 500 phone just lying around in a locker which can easily be broken into. I'm not going to have some idiot who think he knows how to manage a store, tell me what to do. I can get him into so much trouble, and take him down if I want to. I'm not scared to him, I'm untouchable. I can literally take him down, he weak. All he has is his words, temper and the stupid cigarette in his mouth. What do I have, I got my strength, words, my temper and everything he doesn't have.

No one is going to tell me what I can and cannot keep in my pockets. I'm not leaving a 500 phone just lying around in a locker which can easily be broken into. I'm not going to have some idiot who think he knows how to manage a store, tell me what to do. I can get him into so much trouble, and take him down if I want to. I'm not scared to him, I'm untouchable. I can literally take him down, he weak. All he has is his words, temper and the stupid cigarette in his mouth. What do I have, I got my strength, words, my temper and everything he doesn't have.

Lock the phone in your car Glegend.

Do you realize that not very long ago people dind't have cell phones unless they made really good money or a job that required them? I am of the camp that they are a priveledge on the job if the job does not require you to use one. It baffles me how some people are so addicted to a cell phone that they really think the world would end if they didn't have it in their pocket.

A cell phone at work is not a necessity.

And you talking about "taking down your boss" because he is weak...now come on Glegend. That sounds so juvenile.

I have tried to give you some sound career advice on this thread. It is up to you to take any of it or continue to keep fighting the system. Find another job if this one is so terrible. I got nothin' else I can tell ya.

No one is going to tell me what I can and cannot keep in my pockets. I'm not leaving a 500 phone just lying around in a locker which can easily be broken into. I'm not going to have some idiot who think he knows how to manage a store, tell me what to do.

If you want to keep a job, you might want to reconsider that. If one of my workers came at me with an attitude like yours, you would be out the door in a heartbeat.

I can get him into so much trouble, and take him down if I want to. I'm not scared to him, I'm untouchable. I can literally take him down, he weak. All he has is his words, temper and the stupid cigarette in his mouth. What do I have, I got my strength, words, my temper and everything he doesn't have.

With this type of attitude you aren't going to get too far in life.

Grow up, get some responsibility and realize in the real world there are rules.

And you talking about "taking down your boss" because he is weak...now come on Glegend. That sounds so juvenile.

Not my boss. The General Manager of the store. The Owner, or boss w/e you want to call him, is a pretty cool guy. However, he is easily manifulated by General Manager. And the one thing that the General Manager keeps forgetting is who the owner of the store is. Cause whenever the owener is not around, he acts like the owner but when he's not around he acts like he should.

Not my boss. The General Manager of the store. The Owner, or boss w/e you want to call him, is a pretty cool guy. However, he is easily manifulated by General Manager. And the one thing that the General Manager keeps forgetting is who the owner of the store is. Cause whenever the owener is not around, he acts like the owner but when he's not around he acts like he should.

You saying you are untouchable and bragging about your temper will ensure that your future jobs might end with you saying "would you like fries with that".

Seriously Glegend. Your talking about violence against a boss (he is still a boss if he is your bosses boss) you don't like will get you nowhere fast.

The GM is your boss.

You saying you are untouchable and bragging about your temper will ensure that your future jobs might end with you saying "would you like fries with that".

I'll never be saying would you like fries with that. Cause I'll be working for myself, in my own shop. If not I'll just be doing something construction oriented. So I'll always be the boss.

I'll never be saying would you like fries with that. Cause I'll be working for myself, in my own shop. If not I'll just be doing something construction oriented. So I'll always be the boss.

So you think.

You seem to think if you don't like someones rules you can just turn around and become your own boss. Do you even know what it takes to get your own business up and running. You don't even have the money to move out of your parents house how the hell are you going to start your own business? Dude, seriously, you have a rude awakening coming to you and if your attitude doesn't change it's going to be a very harsh sense.

and in all honesty, the way the economy is, your own business (especially construction related) isn't going to be as extravagant as you are thinking it will be.

Okay Glegend.

You do have so much to learn. I wish you luck.

Humility goes a long way in the workplace and with times we are facing right now to proclaim you will 'always' be the boss is a bit of a stretch, but hey have at it. For right now, you are not the boss.

I know many construction workers and most are not this arrogant. The ones who are typically are the ones who have the toughest time. You will ALWAYS have a boss. Your customers are your boss even if you own the company and they can be the TOUGHEST bosses you have ever seen. Just wait until a big spending client cusses you out for your crew destroying her daisy patch or for getting mud on her new carpet. Sure, go ahead and curse her out...but she writes your paycheck.

Okay Glegend.

You do have so much to learn. I wish you luck.

Humility goes a long way in the workplace and with times we are facing right now to proclaim you will 'always' be the boss is a bit of a stretch, but hey have at it. For right now, you are not the boss.

I know many construction workers and most are not this arrogant. The ones who are typically are the ones who have the toughest time. You will ALWAYS have a boss. Your customers are your boss even if you own the company and they can be the TOUGHEST bosses you have ever seen.

Very good point.

And if those customers aren't happy, guess what, word out mouth gets out very quickly you piss off one customer you lose 10. Good luck in life with your attitude.

Very good point.

And if those customers aren't happy, guess what, word out mouth gets out very quickly you piss off one customer you lose 10. Good luck in life with your attitude.

I hear ya.

I have managed people for the better part of ten years, i'm the "boss" but never have viewed myself as such. I am only as good as the team I manage. And the customers who bring money to the company write my paycheck. THEY are my true boss. I could never go to work with such an arrogant attitude. I know that the cmopany is there to make money, I am hired to support that goal. I work for THEM even tho i was hired to manage a segment of the company. And my employees - i work for THEM too. If they dont' do a good job, I am not a good manager.

I believe in servant leadership. I am there to serve the team and support the goals. I do not walk around with some "i'm the boss" attitude and as such I am rewarded with respect by my team and my superiors. Glegend will not get to this point with his current mindset.

I hear ya.

I have managed people for the better part of ten years, i'm the "boss" but never have viewed myself as such. I am only as good as the team I manage. And the customers who bring money to the company write my paycheck. THEY are my true boss. I could never go to work with such an arrogant attitude. I know that the cmopany is there to make money, I am hired to support that goal. I work for THEM even tho i was hired to manage a segment of the company. And my employees - i work for THEM too. If they dont' do a good job, I am not a good manager.

I totally agree.

And Glegend you might tihnk my posts were intending of coming down hard on you but they are not. I honestly am trying to give you some pointers on how to look at the job. You don't have to take any of the advice, and at this point I see it falling on deaf ears, but because I do have a son your age who has a time or two tried to take this attitude I guess maybe I have more patience than most and still try to give you some advice that might "stick". We all have to work unless we are independently wealthy. If we just go to work with the mindset that we should do the best job we can and be productive while on the clock most of the issues you are fighting will become moot.

I was your age 3 years ago and I felt somewhat the way you did until I was put into the management position and realized what they go through to make things work. It isn't easy. I didn't like having to follow what I thought were stupid rules but once I was in charge I saw those rules were there for a reason. Maybe once you grow up and mature some more you will realize the same thing.

About the Pooper-Clock thing... I'm sure they don't want to have to do this. These things cost time and money to implement, then pay personel to monitor the results. Money that could be better spent in stuff that 'MAKES' them money.

Obviously the company has a work related problem or they wouldnt be taking such drastic measures, (which I've never heard of this type by any place before). Something's going on with employees just not being where they need to be. Revenues go down while overhead costs go up. Not too good folks.

And in a weakening economy you'll likely see combinations like those pop-up all over the place as companies struggle to stay afloat. So just get ready for it. Hunker down people, and try keeping your jobs! Because all evidence is on the wall it's not going to be getting any better anytime soon.

BTW, In some States there are no labor laws saying they even have to give 10 or 15 minute breaks other than 1/2 hour lunches. Mine being one.

All jobs have rules, and the more people take advantage of leniency, the more rules they start to apply. I agree with some others on here that the company is trying to solve an overall problem with its staff and instill some discipline. What's the average age of the employees there?

When I worked for a major entertainment organization before going to college, they had rules on smiling, haircuts, makeup, vocabulary words we had to use ("guest", "castmember", etc), we could not be witnessed going into a bathroom, we had to wear company issued clothing with specific shoes and underwear, etc etc. I had to wait for someone to come and break me, sometimes for an hour, even if I was practically dancing up and down because I had to go so badly. All legal and even union approved.

Well what about one of the other rules that we have in our new epmployee package. That the store is allowed to go through your things at any given time. We're supposed to sign sheet and give this back to the store.

It's been like that at every job I've ever had - $5 an hour all the way to senior salaried management. They can also go through my personal email accounts - it's explicitly stated. Because of lawsuits, the companies are cracking down on everything to protect themselves from liability. They also protect themselves from IP theft, which is a very big deal in the corporate world in this day and age.

The bathroom break rule is a reactionary, knee jerk response to what is really a larger management issue. The company is making generalized rules to control a few when it would be easier and create a stronger morale if they enforced the rules that they currently have. Unfortunately getting managers to properly manage can be a difficult task in any industry, particularly those that are less glamorous. These types of decisions occur because of people at all levels in the company are not taking personal responsibility for their role, which is really a trickle down effect from top management / ownership.

Funny thing is when the OP finally get his own "business" he will realize these type of rules/policies will need to be put in place. He doesn't like them right now because he has to follow them but if you are ever so lucky to run your own business - you will see how some of your employees will love to take advantage of you and your company and will appreciate these type of policies.

But I gotta say - with the attitude you have, Im not sure anyone will want to work for you or with you. The client/customer is your boss - you need to make them happy or your business will never success.

Archived