What is everyone doing tonight?

sns256

Well I am on my own tonight. None of my friends/ acquaintances want to do anything tonight, or at least with me. I was wondering what everyone else was doing tonight to get some ideas? I am going to school to hand in an assignment, so I think I am going to look for some flyers to see what is going on.

If I don’t do anything tonight it will be about two weeks without any social interaction with anyone, other than a couple of hockey games and working out at the gym. It is driving me nuts, and I am getting a little depressed.

Even if I find something to do it is going to be extremely hard for me to do it by myself. I am quite shy, and me even considering doing something socially by myself is a huge improvement for me. But if I don’t do something it is going to be another boring and depressing Friday night in front of the computer for me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I think having a network of friends is one of the best things you can do for your social life. I'm recently divorced and have had to look up all my old friends from high school in the past few months. They were all more than happy to hang out when I gave them a call. I also took to initiative to show up at a few "bike nights" at buffalo wild wings (that one does require a motorcycle). I knew no one there, but made a few new friends each time I went. I know how you feel because I'm really a shy person as well. I just had to make a decision to get outside my comfort zone and take action.

As for tonight, I'm going to a football game with a girl I met on MySpace (2nd date). Found her randomly and started messaging. Messaging turned into texting. Texting turned in to phone calls. Phone calls turned into dates. You just have to put yourself out there. People will like you, you just have to believe that.

As for tonight, I'm going to a football game with a girl I met on MySpace (2nd date). Found her randomly and started messaging. Messaging turned into texting. Texting turned in to phone calls. Phone calls turned into dates. You just have to put yourself out there. People will like you, you just have to believe that.

I'm glad it's working for you. For me - never again. I met my ex on MySpace, and it was the hardest 2.5 years I ever had to endure. She was the rudest, most despicable person I've ever wasted time on.

All I can say is be careful.

There will be tons where I live. We have the toughest DUI laws in the country.

That's why I'm not leaving lol.

Where are you? I'm in LA it is BAD over here. Insanely bad. I love how in Pennsylvania they have signs on the highway that are funny as hell. I can't remember what they were though.

Where are you? I'm in LA it is BAD over here. Insanely bad. I love how in Pennsylvania they have signs on the highway that are funny as hell. I can't remember what they were though.

I'm in phoenix. We've got a lovely sheriff here that gets off by busting people for DUI and making them sleep in tents in the desert, making men wear pink frilly woman underwear, make everyone eat green bologna, and then parade them around the desert and through streets in a chain gang until they finally start to get to pay their debt to society.

I think the shortest sentence for DUI here is like 6 months in Tent City and somewhere around $15,000 fine? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up. But it's ridiculous.

And we have funny signs too. "Drive hammered - get nailed" on every freeway.

I'm glad it's working for you. For me - never again. I met my ex on MySpace, and it was the hardest 2.5 years I ever had to endure. She was the rudest, most despicable person I've ever wasted time on.

All I can say is be careful.

Do you really think MySpace was the problem though? It sounds like she was the problem. No doubt, it's hard to tell what a person is like over the internet. Usually you can get a pretty good idea within 1 or 2 dates though. For people like me who aren't that great at striking up conversation I feel like it's a nice alternative for making that first contact.

Do you really think MySpace was the problem though? It sounds like she was the problem. No doubt, it's hard to tell what a person is like over the internet. Usually you can get a pretty good idea within 1 or 2 dates though. For people like me who aren't that great at striking up conversation I feel like it's a nice alternative for making that first contact.

I've had quite a few girls try to convince me to meet them from myspace. I had a bad 2.5 year relationship from it, my friend had a bad 3 year relationship from it, another friend had 3 bad 2-3 week relationships from it...

I just view it as evil. I'm considering either making my page public again for laughs, or taking it down entirely and being done with it.

Friday night means I will parked in front of the computer for several hours raiding in World of Warcrack....er...Warcraft with my guild, pretending I am something that isn't real (a Night Elf Druid), going to places that don't really exist, killing enemies that are imaginary to get things that are not tangible, and that will have no effect or bearing on the real world in anyway whatsoever.

I tell you this so you may realize there are others (like me) who are far, far more pathetic.

I'm in phoenix. We've got a lovely sheriff here that gets off by busting people for DUI and making them sleep in tents in the desert, making men wear pink frilly woman underwear, make everyone eat green bologna, and then parade them around the desert and through streets in a chain gang until they finally start to get to pay their debt to society.

I think the shortest sentence for DUI here is like 6 months in Tent City and somewhere around $15,000 fine? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up. But it's ridiculous.

And we have funny signs too. "Drive hammered - get nailed" on every freeway.

I'm in Arizona, too. I don't think the Sheriff's ideas are dumb... Drinking and driving is insanely stupid and I think it's quite just to get that kind of treatment when you get caught behind wheel loaded.

Back on topic... we're not doing much tonight. Our neighborhood is mostly retired folks who go to bed at 6pm so we never get trick or treaters. We're getting a movie, some take-out and spending the night in. I've got a bike ride first thing in the morning (6am) so no alkehawl for me.

Congratulations hey jo. I can't wait to be finished my degree.

I am glad that this topic spurred some discussion. It was slim pickings at the University. There is not much going on that isn’t sold out. But it nice to see that some people have things to do. There are not many kids anymore in my area. We’ll be lucky if we get over 10 tick or treaters, and they are usually finished by 7pm.

I am still phoning around to see if someone wants to do something, but I’ll probably end up watching a movie by myself. I recently got an Andrea Bocelli album that I may listen to all night. That guy has an amazing voice, and I don’t really like opera either.

Archived