Why do women say things they don't mean?

thefireisoutanyway

1. A women I met from an on-line dating site. She told me that 'we should definitely meet over the weekend and watch a movie or something.' When I called her, she didn't answer. Instead, she e-mailed me back, saying that she didn't really feel any connection.

2. A woman I know gave me her number, telling me to call her if I'm ever bored. Up to date, she has never picked up the phone when I called.

3. A girl who is a friend of mine told me that we should hang out more often, and said she'd call me. I invited her out a few times, but she's never come. And no, she's never called me.

Yes, I am having a bit of a temper tantrum right now, because it's been bubbling up a bit for the past few days. I wasn't begging these people to spend time with me. But they offered, and so I called, just to get shot down? Why? Is it fun toying with other people's feelings?

1. she was truthful

2. she blew you off already with the call her when your bored statement

3. this doesn't sound like a friend

it's only 3 girls. there are like 2.5 billion women on the planet. so 2,499,999,997 more chances for this crap. lol jk. but don't base all your stuff on 3 girls.

It's not only women. It's a question of personality. I am bit different, albeit not better, I'd rather shut up than saying something I don't mean. The best case would be to just speak your mind, but it's not always appropriate and definitely the hardest option.

Some women have a tendency of doing these kind of things. I think sometimes they're just trying to be nice and it's not meant to be taken seriously. Also, a lot of times, women are interested but they may play a lot of mind games to see how far you're willing to reach out for them. Some ladies live off of the cat & mouse. They love to see a man break his neck to reach for their heart. And usually with these situations, the game is over when YOU decide it's over.

Women are trained to be polite from birth. Polite translates into "little white lies" in order to let people down gently. Women know this about one another so if my female friend says, "We are definitely hanging out this weekend" I take it with a grain a salt. I say stuff like this all the time myself. Any of the following might be said purely to be polite, there may not be any actual sincerity behind it:

"We need to hang out soon."

"Call me."

"I'll call you."

"Let's hang out next weekend."

Etc., etc. And anything with a "maybe" means no. Such as, "Maybe we'll get dinner tomorrow or something."

When a woman really likes a guy, she's giddy and hyper about it. Even the most restrained woman can rarely help herself from smiling constantly and blushing with the mere thought of the guy. So, if a woman really likes you, it really should be pretty obvious and she will definitely not blow of phone call or plans you try to make.

Women are trained to be polite from birth. Polite translates into "little white lies" in order to let people down gently. Women know this about one another so if my female friend says, "We are definitely hanging out this weekend" I take it with a grain a salt. I say stuff like this all the time myself. Any of the following might be said purely to be polite, there may not be any actual sincerity behind it:

"We need to hang out soon."

"Call me."

"I'll call you."

"Let's hang out next weekend."

Etc., etc. And anything with a "maybe" means no. Such as, "Maybe we'll get dinner tomorrow or something."

That's why you gals are all focked up now!

Sorry for your recent group of bad experiences, but there are good friends out there too.

Im my opinion: Only the first girl's actions surprise me. She sounded like she liked you and I can't explain what happened to her.

#2: Stay away from any woman who uses the word "bored". If a woman wants to hang out with you because *she's* "bored", then it means (a) your job will be to entertain her and you won't get anything out of it yourself except the "wonderful" feeling of having kept someone from being bored, and (b) if something better comes along she will do that instead; meanwhile of course you got your hopes up. And if you call her because *you're* bored, well obviously that means you have nothing to do so that's kind of lame in her opinion, right? When you hear the word "Bored", get away.

#3. I have some friends like #3. They're really sweet people, it's just that they make way too many commitments. They're always hypothetically planning stuff and never actually do it. Despite the flakiness, they are truly fun to be around, and, as long as I don't invest emotionally in it, I've learned to live with this rather silly behavior of theirs. I don't consider them true friends because I can't count on them. But they are still friends. #3 likes you. She's probably just not able to handle her commitments.

Sounds like you'd like a girl who's sweet, not just in words but in deeds, and who says what she means. There are really lots of girls like that. Really! Good luck.

I'd like to know why men say things they don't mean. They say they'll call but don't. They say they like you but don't act like it.

Why do PEOPLE say things they don't mean? Easy, they don't want to hurt your feelings. They are 'too nice' to say no. They found someone/something better. They never liked you in the first place and used you as a confidence booster.

People change their minds, meet someone else, get back together with an ex. The list goes on. Lots of things can happen between someone saying they'd like to hang out and them saying something different when to making concrete plans.

As for saying something that a person already knows they will not do:

It's funny because this is something that so many people have commented on in books, tv, and movies. People often say things they have no intent on following though on them, just because we are so used to doing it that it turns into a habit. It's so easy to say something and sometimes it seems like the right thing to say, even when you feel like you won't follow through.

Archived