What do you guys do to cheer yourselves up when you're feeling down?

KiCkiT

I've been having random bouts of depression lately and I don't really know why. I'm just curious as to what you all do to cheer yourselves up, or just things that you do that always seem to make you happy.

Thanks in advance for the responses

workin out fishing or playin basketball, I used to like running but basketball wears me out better...

^Excercise is a natural anti depressant. They say smelling flowers can help too. There was an article in BBC last week that said a study showed, when flowers were placed in an individuals room, during periods of sleep they would have good dreams and generally wake up in a better mood. Like aroma therapy. Its somethng simple that may help.

^Excercise is a natural anti depressant. They say smelling flowers can help too. There was an article in BBC last week that said a study showed, when flowers were placed in an individuals room, during periods of sleep they would have good dreams and generally wake up in a better mood. Like aroma therapy. Its somethng simple that may help.

THAT is amazing!

link removed

There's an old rails-to-trails project not too far from me. It's 90 miles in one direction so a person can ride as far as they wanna ride in a day. I'll pack up a sub sandwhich, a couple snacks, and a radio, and go out there and ride all day. Sometimes 7 or 8 hour long rides.

If I really feel in a rut, short little workouts don't help me all that much. So I try to find something that can occupy me all day long.

This monkey also likes to shake his banana from time to time. That helps.

i watch everybody loves raymond haha. always cheers me up for some reason.

or i go get something yummy to eat.. sadly it's usually junkfood hah.

otherwise i go hang out with a friend i feel comfy with and who is fun to be with. just random talking and catching up

haha I used to think that show was funny, now I can't watch it because his wife's character is too annoying.

POSITIVE THINKING IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS.

When I'm down i tend to think of all the good things in my life, and thank God that my life has worked out so far. I sometimes make a list of everything that I should be thankful for... my family, my health, my friends etc and think about everything I have and should be grateful for.

Most of all I try to understand why I'm feeling depressed or down and try to sort it out... if it's something truly out of my control, like a break-up or unrequited love... I tell myself that it's one step closer to happiness in the end... as at the end of the day anything that makes you cry isn't worth the pain...

I tell myself to be strong and believe that EVERYTHING WILL BE OK.

Exercise, for one. When I'm depressed and bored I'll just go out on a 15 mile run or scull by myself down the river and back for a few hours. If anything, it keeps me in shape.

Then there's music. I'll write songs about wanting to die and crap. It may sound f'd up, but I figure it's better to be singing about suicide and death in song than actually doing it. I'll also listen to music about the same topics.

Though, some of my favorite music has recently been causing a bit of depression, I believe.

I've been having random bouts of depression lately and I don't really know why. I'm just curious as to what you all do to cheer yourselves up, or just things that you do that always seem to make you happy.

Thanks in advance for the responses

Pamper myself. Eat food i love, do things I love, hang out with people I love.

NOw the first one - eat food I love - I only advise if it is a once in a whlie down time. If one is depressed a lot finding comfort in food will only lead to obesity. If it is a once in a blue moon thing there is nothing wrong with a great comforting meal.

Archived