What do you guys do to cheer yourselves up when you're feeling down?

KiCkiT

I've been having random bouts of depression lately and I don't really know why. I'm just curious as to what you all do to cheer yourselves up, or just things that you do that always seem to make you happy.

Thanks in advance for the responses

You don't want to know.

I used to run a lot try that it does work well.

lol @ telling kickit to run

even though I was the personally that originally started the thread, I thought I'd share what's been working for me

1. Going for long walks during the daytime. I think the combination of being in the sun, being in nature, and getting my body moving a little bit just has made me feel amazing.

2. Cleaning my room so that it is spotless and then burning oils and reading a book. Being in such a clean, nice smelling space just seems to take all of my worries away and makes me feel calm.

3. Running at night. Usually at night, I'm either stressed with the schoolwork I need to complete, or I'm watching TV which ultimately leads to me overeating before bed which depresses me. When I go for a run at night, it feels amazing, and I feel like I'm going so much faster when I'm running in the dark for some reason. I also always seem to get a really good nights sleep afterwards.

4. Putting on a hot outfit and then dancing in my room to my favorite song. I dont know why this works so well, but it does! haha

I've been having random bouts of depression lately and I don't really know why. I'm just curious as to what you all do to cheer yourselves up, or just things that you do that always seem to make you happy.

Thanks in advance for the responses

I shop, but I don't recommend it....It only makes you feel worse later.

My other release is working out....if I've had a bad day I work out even harder.

Archived