Mixed vegetables flavoring

what are some good flavors that you guys use to mix with mixed vegetables? anything other than soy sauce, salt, pepper, or seasoned salt?

it's something i'm going to incorporate more into my diet, but i don't want it to be so bland.

maybe the basil. not a fan of parsley. mint veggies might be a bit weird to me. not a taste i think i'd like.

what is that orange stuff that a lot of latin people use in their cooking? it's like an orange powder they use to baste meat with in a lot of their dishes.

How about brushing them with a little olive oil and then grilling them? Then just add a little salt and pepper.

Better yet, soak in balsamic vinegar and then grill them.

Man....I'm getting hungry.....

you are making me hungry too. lol

brushing them with something or grilling them did it. i can't wait to have some after my workout now. lol

maybe the basil. not a fan of parsley. mint veggies might be a bit weird to me. not a taste i think i'd like.

what is that orange stuff that a lot of latin people use in their cooking? it's like an orange powder they use to baste meat with in a lot of their dishes.

Is it turmeric you are thinking of?

what are some good flavors that you guys use to mix with mixed vegetables? anything other than soy sauce, salt, pepper, or seasoned salt?

it's something i'm going to incorporate more into my diet, but i don't want it to be so bland.

Melted cheese.

Is it turmeric you are thinking of?

that might be it. does it almost stain your hands when you use it? i just remember it does that.

i got some ginger-lime sauce at an organic food store. it's really good. only about 25 calories or so per serving, so it's not too much. it has a ton of flavor.

hmm, that's sounds good.

I love Ranch on EVERYTHING. well, almost. Hidden valley makes a season salt like ranch seasoning. I love it!

i love ranch. trying to stay fit though.

Melted cheese.

i'd love to do this. gotta watch the calories though.

Leave it up to ghost to post about flavoring mixed vegetables..........lol.

I like lemon pepper.

sounds good.

If you like fresh veggies (cooking robs them of some of their nutrients I've heard) there is a GREAT dipping sauce that is Ginger Soy that Whole Foods offers (not sure if you have them where you are) and you can dip and it's heavenly. I eat way more veggies now that I can dip in that stuff!

ANother tip if you want to cook your vegetables (and Hope75 is right, they are better for you raw) then it is better to steam them than boil in water.

If you do boil in water save the water for making gravy.

Archived