Day by Day Let us all know!

Landon

Um hmm... I lost count of the days... it's been a month or so. My feelings? Anger, sadness, indifference. Also, exhausted. I'm tired of peoples excuses, tired of people wussing out to fit their own selfish needs. I know that I cannot go from a relationship with this man to a "friendship" where if you talk to each other, great, if not, you know.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH. i called him [why? i dont know!! i guess because i'm going on vacation and i wanted to see if he'd actually give a crap...] but now i'm so annoyed with him, im actually ready to leave.

i hope i can find the strength to tell him exactly how im feeling and cutting off all contact with him.

been years technically-but we last dated 7-8 mos ago. feels horrible still because I thought we were kind of together till 4 mos ago-It's staying fresh because I was supposed to b in his sis' wedding this summer and he has a gf and I dont want to date again really ever-we were typical on and off and I tried dating others my heart was only with him. Now it's only with me and it's safe and I hope no one else's breakup drags on like this. I know a lot of u want ur ex back but fair warning it may get easier in some ways each time but much more painful in others-careful who u get back together with-please

I sent him an email last night simply saying that we should talk, and we should. Just one line. " I think you and I should talk ." Do I regret it? I did at first and maybe I should have waited longer, maybe I should have let him... but I knew he wouldn't. He and I do need to talk. No response yet but you know what... it's all good. I am beginning to freak out less simply because both him and I are adults and we should be able to talk in a mature manner.

I havent talked to my ex in 19 days. I ordered her a gift several weeks ago when we were still talking, I told her about the gift. Either way I still wanted to give it to her. Anyway, it finally arrived yesterday. I wrote a very nice, cordial, friendly note and dropped it and the gift on her front door step. 11:00pm that night she texted me "Wow Adam thank you. I love the shirt." I didn't reply.

I feel sad still, but it's getting easier. That was my last and final step. A farewell gift I guess you could say. I wish we could be friends. I regret making that impossible, because I know that she thinks we can not be friends. I feel like I might be able to be friends now... Who knows. I told her (last time we talked 19 days ago) that I am not going to contact her again unless she contacts me and Im sticking to that. I'll probably never hear from her again...

• 7 months later...

Day . . . sorry, Month 2 and a half: He's wanting to be friends but not willing to do anything more than offer his friendship. Considering his cheating is the reason we broke up, I was kind of expecting more than just a casual offering. I feel terribly disappointed - is this what our 5 n half years together has come to? A casual offering of friendship and nothing more? I'm completely over being sad, depressed and angry. I think I've reached the end of caring about him and whatever remains of "us" anymore. What a relief!

It's true, Time is one of the greatest healers and sometimes NC doesn't need to last for long. If I hadn't broken NC 1 month after the breakup, I wouldn't have known what a selfish, uncaring * * * * that ex of mine has become.

• 3 months later...

day 3 since we last contacted and agreed to break for a while. im going NIC this time round. missing him, but gunna use time to exercise every day and chase up the drs regarding my awaited counselling. I have decided not to go on the forum where we both go on, too painful, i have disabled my pm/vm settings, and took down my info and just basically disappeared...made my last post on there for a while earlier today. now im gone not be online - let him wonder, but its also giving him the space i know he needs

i feel ok as i know NC is a great tool to heal and for them to have chance to miss you (he has in past greatly so chin up peeps, if there were feelings there, there is def hope....but the focus should be you and not to jump back in too quick)

About 2 months since we broke up-I had a setback when my best friend got contacted by him on a dating website and I saw on his profile, he set it up 11 days after we broke up. (see my separate thread)

Ended up talking to him on the phone and all it did was activate old wounds, and now I'm sitting on my couch crying like a baby.

-30 Days...

Let me explain. I have a 90% feeling that we are going to break up when my girl goes back to Korea in a month and Mentally, I want to break up with her now and prepare myself for the worst.

She's a foreign exchange student visiting here for the last 7 months. We've been together for 6. Its been pretty amazing so far...

But right now I feel Horrible. She just came back from a one week vacation to New York. We talked everyday, sometimes 2 -3 times a day. I knew I should have backed off and left her alone a little bit, but I just missed her sooo bad. So we talked alot and I didn't give her the chance to Miss me.

So I picked her up from the airport today, mind you, I haven't seen her for a whole week, So I'm dying to see her and I miss her like Crazy, and it seems like shes not the happiest to see me!!! It was a 6 hour flight with a layover, so I get it, she's tired, but if it were me, I'd be SUPER crazy happy to see her, which I was.

I do too much for the girl.

I was going to set up my whole place with a "welcome home" theme, all decked out with balloons and streamers and a banner. And she didn't want to even come over to my place. She just wanted to go home and shower and sleep.

Sooo, I get it, I didn't even ask her to come over, knowing she wanted to go straight back to her place and just sleep. And I didn't set up the decorations. It makes me sad, because I wanted to do that for her so bad and make her happy, but I think shes too self absorbed to care. If it were me, all I would want to do is see my girl and hold her all night, cuz I haven't seen for a whole week.

So in the car, when I'm (reluctantly) dropping her off at her place, I say, okay, lets hang out tomorrow and stay over my place tomorrow night, and shes like, ummmm, let me think, I think its ok. I have some homework stuff to do, but I can do it.

IT PISSED me off that she Even had to THINK twice about it. She already blew me off tonight and had to rethink even coming over tomorrow.

I HATE THIS... But I don't think she really loves me.... : ( Definitely not as much I love her. And this just makes me sad...

So thats why its -30. I am mentally breaking up with her. I don't think she loves me anymore and it hurts like hell. When she leaves, I'm going to have to tell her that I'm going NC. Its the only way I can heal....

She'll hate me for it and not understand. She'll think I'm cheating on her, or something. I don't think she'll get it, that it'll hurt too much for me, thinking and maybe knowing that she doesn't even really love me as much as I love her.

So thats it... I really hope things can improve for the better, but I don't know.

So for me, its -30 and I'm dreading the days ahead.

I'm not doing the NC thing right now. Instead I am blowing up my ex's phone. I'm TICKED OFF.

On the dating profile he set up, 11 days after we kinda broke up but were still talking to try to work things out, he said he wants a girl 21-35. This is way younger than me. I cannot help but feel like, I wasted 3 yrs of my life being a training ground for him to grow up. I was nothing but an older woman whom he used. I helped him lay the groundwork of getting his life in order, and as soon as he starts to do that, he decides he can't take the extra step I've asked him to take, to save our rel'ship, and give up drinking.

Instead, he feeds me a line of BS about how he's "not ready for a relationship", then sets up a dating profile, looking for a younger chick, for a "LONGTERM RELATIONSHIP??!!

I am thinking I should put up an ad, older woman who trains guys to become better partners so they can get on dating websites and find women their own age!

the only problem is, I can't get emotionally attached to them like I did him.

Trading me in for a younger model-how freakin' stereotypical and predictable. I hate him.

10 weeks. I think. I do t really count the days anymore but every now and then I will stop to figure out how long it has been.

There are moments when it feels like I have made Zero progress at all and then ther are moments I am doing so well that u would not believe I jut got dumped from a 4 ur relationship only 2.5 months ago. So, I guess that in itself is progress.

Also, for those of u that were long term relationships, i talked to a counselor today that said even though i am feeling somewhat better expect not to feel like my old self for 6 mos! So, I'm trying not to be so had on myself.

Sorry if typos. Typing from my phone.

so i went NC and disappeared, and yesterday he replied to my email saying how he didnt want us to cold shoulder each other either, we jus ran into some obstacles and hes sure we can overcome them. also said that he loved me too

i jus KNEW he sent me an email, and typically my tinternet went down *i had to buy some credit jus to get into my mail and on here lol*

best fiver ive spent just to see his name in my inbox

Archived