I've been wondering...

How hard would YOUR job have to suck before you quit?

I still have a miserable, thankless, meek job. I'm almost always treated like crap by my boss, and I'm starting to wonder if minimum wage is worth losing my sanity over.

It's times like these that I wish I didn't suck at school and my left-brain was at least halfway functionable.

I just hope things don't get back to the point where I get suicidal thoughts and I start hallucinating a bit.

Where would YOUR breaking point be?

Well CG, if you're talking about a minimum wage job and you are miserable - then go find another job pronto!

I have issues with my job too, but my problem is right now I'm making more money than I ever have (upper mid class at this point) and I am not likely to find another job with this kind of money and not have to move. Not to mention the hours are great too! But the management sucks!

Sadly for me, I'm not really money motivated, but now I've got myself in a financial position, at least for the next 5 - 6 years, where I need this job.

Don't drive yourself crazy for minimum wage.

I still have a miserable, thankless, meek job.

Well, look at your attitude. I remember you posting here a while ago, wanting a job, any job, and now you have one, you do nothing but complain about it.

We all have jobs we don't like (well, most of us anyway).

Work is about one stepping stone to another. You use one job in order to advance in some way, whether it be saving money for something you truelly love, saving for a course that will earn you an education, or just getting it on your resume so you have something to show a prospective employer in a year or so.

Relax, we have all had jobs we either don't like, or didn't like in the past. That is a part of life. Just don't find your self-worth in a job...

I've been wondering...

How hard would YOUR job have to suck before you quit?

I still have a miserable, thankless, meek job. I'm almost always treated like crap by my boss, and I'm starting to wonder if minimum wage is worth losing my sanity over.

It's times like these that I wish I didn't suck at school and my left-brain was at least halfway functionable.

I just hope things don't get back to the point where I get suicidal thoughts and I start hallucinating a bit.

Where would YOUR breaking point be?

I reached mine several months ago. Subsequently, I quit my job and took things easy. And I felt/feel a hell of a lot better for doing so.

Archived