Well, I'm off out tonight with an old friend (who I used to 'get together' with from time to time), and although its NOT a date I'm going to kind of treat it as one to see how things go.

My friend understands my situation as he's just gone through a break up himself, so maybe we can do each other some good.

Nervous as hell, but still looking forward to it, strangely.

And BK - I completely agree with everything CatsMeeooww says - and was going to send you an IM to say as much, but I think Cats said all there is to be said. Good luck with your situation x

Well, I'm off out tonight with an old friend (who I used to 'get together' with from time to time), and although its NOT a date I'm going to kind of treat it as one to see how things go.

My friend understands my situation as he's just gone through a break up himself, so maybe we can do each other some good.

Nervous as hell, but still looking forward to it, strangely.

And BK - I completely agree with everything CatsMeeooww says - and was going to send you an IM to say as much, but I think Cats said all there is to be said. Good luck with your situation x

Thanks LFW. So... how did the "date" go with the guy you used to hook up with? I meet a girl on Friday for a drink and then a girl today for coffee. The Friday one went well, but today wasn't so good. I think I'll be able to develop a friendship with the first girl as we both do triathlons. She knows my situation, so there is no pressure. All that being said, I'm still not sure I'm ready to be doing all this "dating".

Im 3.5 weeks post breakup and definitely not ready. Girls seem to find me attractive and i nearly had two fighting over me last friday night. Got both of their numbers but ended up texting them the next day 'that im not ready'. Both knew i was freshly single and both agreed to take a raincheck on any 'dates'.

I feel i need to sort a lot of baggage out first...ie. finding a new place to live, selling my house, counseling, getting a car, etc, etc, etc. So maybe in 2-3 months i might re-evaluate where im at.

It's been over a year for myself and haven't been on a date since. No complaints though, I went on a couple of dates with this beautiful girl but it was too soon after my breakup and she figured out (before I did) it would have been a mess before I did. Still keep in contact with her but I haven't felt the desire to get close to anyone. Gun shy? Nope, I'm quite open to having a relationship, I guess I've gotten back to the point in my life that I'm happy with or without someone. The only thing I'm afraid of is trading in that security and strength...

It's been a little over 5 months for me. 2 weeks ago I started to try the online dating thing. I have met 2 people. I decided they were not for me. Still looking. I feel like Jerry Seinfeld now. There is always a problem with the person I meet. Both were attractive. The first one actually started crying about her last relationship during our meeting. Not a good sign. Then as we were leaving I went to give her a friendly hug and she nearly jumped over the car. she pushed me away and threw her hands up saying no,no,no....none of that yet. She said she does not give the obligatory hug just because she meets someone. The second one had a really strange voice and spoke really really really slow. I could not live with that. Both wanted to go out again. I will keep looking.

Am I being too critical?

i don't think you are being too critical - breaking down during a date is definitely not a good sign - sounds like she needs time to heal. as for the other woman - well, if you know that you couldn't listen to that voice the rest of your life, i think that is a good reason to end it right then and there.

Archived