Women who are attracted to prisoners

Fritz The Cat

Just read an interesting story about a woman who found the love of her life while sitting on her from porch. seems the prison work release bus came by twice a day and there was this one prisoner who would wave at her as it went by. She like what she saw so decided to find out more about him. She found his pic on an Internet prison pen pal site and wrote him. He wrote back and the rest was history. They plan to get married when he's released from prison in early 2008.

It's not uncommon for a woman to fall in love with a prisoner but it kinda struck me as bizarre how this hookup occurred.

This sounds like the last stage of feeling helpless - yuck...

On the other hand, the guy behind the prison walls may have done something accidently that he didn't wanted to and actually could be a very nice person, but I can't imagine how somebody who sits there because of raping, stealing, murder & simmilar crimes could attract someone - something must be wrong with that woman's head...

I worked with a woman who had a penpal romance with a prisoner.

She was a very awkward, lonely person who wanted to be needed, but I'm sure she was being used.

i don't know anyone who has done this (or admitted to it), but i am sure that she was likely being used. not to sound mean or anything, but i'm sure that those men in the prisons don't really have much to do, so striking up a romance/pen-pal relationship with a woman, any woman, is something they would do. i think a woman that purpously seeks out such relationship is probably very desperate for attention.

I read a case about a psychotic prisoner, inside for murder, about 8 years. He got a penpal woman attached to him, and they fell in love. Married inside prison. She stayed the night (they can do that occasionally in prison.) He murdered her in his cell and the officers found her strangled the morning after.

Not a happy story. Adds an abundance of caution to those thinking about prison romances.

Its true that if a woman is v insecure she will crave attention from anywhere, sometimes dangerously. Not that i'm saying that all prisoners are bad. Just... its a mixed issue.

Prisoners are still people. Not every person convicted of a crime is a murder, psychotic, or a user.

Sure they are people but you have to really wonder what the mentality is of a woman who is meeting them while they are THERE.

Prison isn't jail either. People sent to prison typically committed a serious crime. The ones who are not murderers, users or psychotics are what? Guilty of breaking and entering? Domestic violence? Child abuse?

I don't think the prison systems are a very good substitute for link removed. NOt for the emotionally healthy that's for sure.

Not everyone is dangerous in prison but i really wonder about someone who would take the chance by meeting men who are there and hoping they get one that isn't so bad.

Just read an interesting story about a woman who found the love of her life while sitting on her from porch. seems the prison work release bus came by twice a day and there was this one prisoner who would wave at her as it went by. She like what she saw so decided to find out more about him. She found his pic on an Internet prison pen pal site and wrote him. He wrote back and the rest was history. They plan to get married when he's released from prison in early 2008.

It's not uncommon for a woman to fall in love with a prisoner but it kinda struck me as bizarre how this hookup occurred.

I had a book about women who date/marry criminals. Most of the women interviewed for the book were from dysfuntional abusive families and had no good male figures in their lives. Most of them also had very warped ideas about relationships and sex. Almost all of them had also been married to an abusive man early in life.

There was a part in the book about women who've married infamous serial killers. It said that some of those women like the thought of being with someone so dangerous because they saw a man who could kill as powerful.

I don't remember all the details but the book was called "Women Who Love Men Who Kill."

Wow, so a woman who was abused in the past seeks out a prisoner for a relationship. Kinda hard to feel sorry for a woman like that.

Some of those women had been abused by their family and then past partners that they were with for so long they didn't know any other way to live. They were used to it. The women who had husbands/boyfriends in prison sort of felt safe because they felt that they had all of the control in the relationship. Since the man was in prison they couldn't abuse them and they didn't have to deal with day to day relationship things. They stayed in the honeymoon period permanantly.

I feel bad for them that they were damaged by their family as children. I pity the ones who's lives are centered around taking care of a man who'll be in prison forever. The women said they were happy but I don't think they really know what happiness and a happy relationship is.

Wow, so a woman who was abused in the past seeks out a prisoner for a relationship. Kinda hard to feel sorry for a woman like that.

I agree. It is a sad thing indeed.

I am not saying there are not decent men in prison. Maybe they were falsely accused. Maybe it was a minor crime they wish they never were involved in. But that is beside the point. if you SEEK potential dates from the prison system there is a VERY good chance you won't get one of the few good ones....and there is a VERY good chance you are going to get yourself involved in a whole lot of heartache and possibly danger.

I agree. It is a sad thing indeed.

I am not saying there are not decent men in prison. Maybe they were falsely accused. Maybe it was a minor crime they wish they never were involved in. But that is beside the point. if you SEEK potential dates from the prison system there is a VERY good chance you won't get one of the few good ones....and there is a VERY good chance you are going to get yourself involved in a whole lot of heartache and possibly danger.

I agree with you that all men in prison aren't horrible people. Some made mistakes when they were younger and regret it. Some are like you said are in for minor things. I was really facinated with the subject after reading that book and ran accross a forum for people with loved ones in prison. It was interesting to say the least.

Archived