A question.. Be honest!

redsuede

donkeybum,

I've been burned by someone I loved too. You can't let them destroy your faith in true love though. The one meant for you is still out there somewhere...

so do you keep trying to find this person who is supposed to be your "soulmate" and die a little everytime the supposed "soulmate" walks all over you???

isn't that what everyone is looking for in the long run??? a "soulmate" with who they want to spend the rest of their life in happiness??

that kind of stuff happens only in books and movies....

my point was isn't that the eventuality? the final step? the aim? to find someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with. and we continuously keep trying to find that person. don't we?

isn't that what everyone is looking for in the long run??? a "soulmate" with who they want to spend the rest of their life in happiness??

my point was isn't that the eventuality? the final step? the aim? to find someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with. and we continuously keep trying to find that person. don't we?

Not everyone, but some people.

Maybe in your opinion. I know some marriages that have lasted a lifetime.

Some people wish to find their soul mate, others don't. I do.

Not everyone, but some people.

Maybe in your opinion. I know some marriages that have lasted a lifetime.

Some people wish to find their soul mate, others don't. I do.

for every marriage that has lasted a lifetime, you can find 10 marriages where the love has supposedly vanished....

Well love is certainly a game of chance.. but if you want to find true love, you have to take risks in life. You can't dwell on the fact that there are so many relationships out there that go down the tubes, when there are some that do withstand the hands of time. If you do focus on the negative, then you might deny yourself the opportunity to meet the person that's meant to be with you.

Also, I don't believe that love vanishes. True love is unconditional. That is, when one person loves another without any reservations whatsoever, they will continue to love them forever. I believe that some people may not truly love their partner, and their lack of love may eventually manifest itself; thus, leading to the demise of the relationship. (of course, relationships end for a multitude of reasons; sometimes unrelated to love).

Life is full of risks, but you shouldn't hold your cards so tight that you have regrets in the end. When you suffer an earth-shattering heartache, it's natural to become more guarded and careful from then on. However, one shouldn't become so bitter and hardened as to not be open to experience an even more euphoric romance and love that might await them in the future...

"Just because something good ends, doesn't mean something better won't begin"

So don't marry, DB.

My marriage ended, and it was a fine ride. I'm glad I did it.

i don't think a lot of women would agree with that..."not marrying part"...i have yet to meet one who says i never want to get married....

if i may ask and you completely don't have to answer it if you don't want to i understand it....this is just for the sake of discussion and i am not trying to offend anyone.

when you got married, did you not think ok this is "THE ONE"....so after however long you were married, how did your spouse at that time go from "THE ONE" to "NOT THE ONE"???

Life is full of risks, but you shouldn't hold your cards so tight that you have regrets in the end. When you suffer an earth-shattering heartache, it's natural to become more guarded and careful from then on. However, one shouldn't become so bitter and hardened as to not be open to experience an even more euphoric romance and love that might await them in the future...

"Just because something good ends, doesn't mean something better won't begin"

i am not bitter towards anyone...i am happy (well most of the time)....i have just learned a few lessons, sort of realized the difference between stuff seen in movies and what happens in reality...

you are supposed to mooch, leach, chew on others and spit them out once you are done with them...that's the way of the world....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
When I care more about their well-being than mine's.

When every little thing about them makes me laugh and feel warm inside.

When just spending time with that person doing nothing, is the best thing.

When seeing him smile and feeling warm all over.

When wanting to be there for him, even when he is down.

Yep sounds good also needs to be visa versa though IMO

All it takes is to be honest with yourself and time. Love will grow over time and infatuation will diminish. Love will be genuine, honest, and liberating, whereas infatuation will be furtive, fleeting, and disingenuous. It may sound cliché, but with love, you just know. If you are really in love you have no choice in the matter. You can't choose to not be in love like you can choose to get over an infatuation. Infatuation is usually rooted in sexual desire and may evolve into love. Love, however, is focused on a broader plane. Perhaps infatuation is a subset of love (e.g., love = infatuation + friendship + respect). Time and shared experience are required to add the additional components required to turn infatuation into love.

I believe love is rooted in reality. Infatuation lives off of fantasy. After you've been with someone for a significant amount of time, you'll come to know them – their dreams and fears, sometimes lack of attentiveness, and sometimes lack of understanding, but also moments when they're lovable and adorable. While we may never know another completely, you interact with them enough to let them become part of your life – your dreams and your fears. Then you ask yourself if they are still the man/woman you want to get to know better, to be silly with, sad with, and happy with. If all you know is fantasy, and all you know is optimism and daydreaming, then there hasn't been enough life lived between you two to say whether or not one person loves the other.

hello,

i knew my gf was in love with me around the third week of our relationship because she told me she would walk around her house carrying the house phone around because she didn't want to miss my calls.

I fell in love with her within a week because of the way she spoke and talked openly about everything without any fear, then when i heard her voice on the phone i was in heaven and when we finally met for the first time on that cold winter day, i opened my door and there she was and my heart skipped a beat and i thought jeebus, she is so out of my league - but i calmed down and managed to keep it together and she thought i was so composed and confident while inside i was going nuts.

i was hoping to talk with my exgf tonight because. well, i enjoy talking with her, and i wanted to know how she is feeling, wondering if she has had the chance to get out with friends lately and if she needed me to care for the kids while she has a night off for a change. also wanted to check about the therapy cost thing and how she is coping sans breakup and whether or not she has been able to use all that hard work she did to move on - we were gonna create a web site too

i'll wait and see if she pops in, she might be out on a date

• 1 month later...

Archived