What’s going on?

Mk1878

I met this guy a few months ago and we hit it off. He doesn’t live local to me and has to travel to meet me we talk all day every day by text. But recently he’s been reading my texts and then replying about 12 hours later to my message. The text isn’t short and he’s not being blunt he’s his usual self asking about my day and what I’m up to. He’s a very attractive guy and maybe a little out of my league I’m just wondering if he’s no longer interested but doesn’t want to say? I don’t want to be the ‘where is this going’ girl because it’s quite new and I don’t want to look crazy. I was going to do the same and not reply to his message for a while as I feel I’m making myself look too keen by replying quick but I don’t know if that looks immature or will help the situation. Any advice please? I know this isn’t a massive problem but I’ve been single a really long time and I like this guy I don’t want to mess things up. Thanks

Is he working from home right now, due to the pandemic? I've found my days even more hectic working from home and often can't reply to messages as quickly as I normally would.

It also can get tedious to keep a conversation going all day, every day. It's just not sustainable in the long-run for most people so that may be all that's happening here.

Do you two ever talk on the phone, or video chat?

What's the distance? Did he drive or take public transportation when you two met up? How many times did he visit? Where did you have your meet ups? Why did the both of you decide to date long distance people versus locally? How old are you two? Do you know his past relationship history? Just trying to get a better handle on what's going on.

Otherwise, you say he's reading your texts as in plural, which means you're not waiting for him to reply before sending more? Don't ever put in more effort than you're receiving. I'd wait for him to make the effort and then respond, but don't be the one reaching out first at this point. People will make it crystal clear if they want to be in your life, so if he's not doing that, don't waste your precious time and energy. The right guy won't leave you feeling ignored. Just make sure you're acting reasonably, and not bombarding him with too much in your communication efforts.

IMO if there is change or going to be change, if they are really into you they would let you know why and explain their situation.....he's not doing that. Why there's a shift or what's making him not that responsive? who knows. Pulling back isn't going to make a difference but you can try and see what happens, sure. I think you should just ask him what's going on, but don't do it in a passive aggressive way. IMO it would be better to ask for honesty and get it over with. Tell him what you have noticed, and ask if he wants to give this a break.

Yes, mirror him. Text a lot less only when he contact you.. Is he involved with someone locally? How well do you know him?

I was going to do the same and not reply to his message for a while as I feel I’m making myself look too keen by replying quick

Archived