Advice in general

kailemer

You are 15, you should not have had or be in any serious relationship.

Yes your body is flooded with hormones, you get these intense crushes and you think you are in love. Perhaps it is love, I'm not one to discount or dismiss the feelings of somebody simply due to youth. But your personality has not been fully formed yet, and nor have the guys around your age (guys mature later than girls on average)... and at 15, you really should not be dating anyone older than 16 or 17 at a stretch, because at that age, the age gap makes a huge difference in maturity, knowledge and experience, and trust me you do not want to go down that rabbit hole if you do not want to spend a lot of time and money on therapy later in life.

Boys might seem like a top priority cos of all them feels, but you need to understand that before the age of 18, 99% of guys are just flooded with hormones urging them to plug their joystick into anything that qualifies as human, female and attractive. They do not have the maturity to understand what they want, even if they have any romantic notions of love or commitment.

Seriously to give you an idea of how bad it is, I am about as conservative and responsible as guys come, and yet...

1) My first kiss was (at 14 I think) was with a girl whose name I do not even remember, because I did not even like her, but happily kissed her in a game of "Spin the Bottle" because I wanted to experience what it felt like.

2) My reasoning to be with my first girlfriend at 17 years old was, "Awesome! Finally somebody I fancy is willing to sleep with me! I don't want to be a virgin anymore, I want to see what the hype is all about!"

3) My reasoning to be with my second girlfriend at 18 years old was, "Jenny is hot, she seems to like me, she lives upstairs (university dorms), it will be convenient."

I personally matured at 21 years old, when I declined to pursue a relationship with a good friend of mine, because I realized that although I found her physically very attractive, and my hormones are telling me to plug in for fun times, it would be wrong to go down that path when I did not see a long term future with her, and thus doing so would be hurting a good friend and decent human being with their own feelings, needs and wants. Unfortunately most guys reach that point significantly later than 21 years old, and many never get there at all.

So focus on your own life, by all means go on some dates and kiss some boys if you are strong and mature enough to not lose sight of the relative importance of boys in relation to the rest of your life, the really important stuff like education, family and friends. Building a happy and healthy foundation for the rest of your life. If your happiness fluctuates on the whims of boys that you are crushing on, then your priority is off.

Finally unless you live in a super liberal community and you think you can separate sex from love and commitment, then keep sex off the table, not because I am some sort of religious conservative who thinks sex is evil or something (I am atheist), but because you are not mature enough to handle the emotional side of it yet, and you are almost guaranteed to get hurt at that age. Remember boys will say and promise anything to drop your panties :p

Take care and enjoy the last few years of childhood! Yes you are still a child, it is wonderful and precious and you will miss it as soon as it is gone. Don't try to grow up too quickly, it is not "cool".

Honestly at this point you are to young. You really need to focus on school. Listen to what to MirroKnight said. Young boys really only have one thing on their mind 9 times out of 10. They will manipulate you or force you into doing things you don't want to do. If you must be super picky, don't just go for the first guy that gives you attention. There was a time that the boys would compare their "lists" with one another, I don't know if that still happens but even though times have changed I'm sure this stupid little game they play probably has not. Again if you must, find someone worthy of your time. At 15 your probably not going to find the love of your life. and it really shouldn't be a priority. Trust me I've made several mistakes through out my dating life, I've been married and divorced twice and I'm still young lol. Do not rush anything and don't cave for sex. Boys are prone to running after they finally got a piece. Now if you are currently sexually active or plan to be, please, please, please use protection! There are to many young girls who end up pregnant. Don't let him tell you he doesn't like the feel of a condom, he's just being lazy and inconsiderate. I'm not one to condone sex in young teens but if you do it just be smart about it. I'm sorry if any of that sounded preachy, but I don't want another young teen end up with an unwanted pregnancy or even worse an STD that could make life more difficult down the road.

Concentrate on your education and career.

Don't get involved with boys because you'll only get yourself into trouble and set yourself up for immaturity and unnecessary heartbreak. :upset:

How to have a successful relationship:

Set your standards very high and never settle for a guy who is beneath your values and principles. Be with a man who knows how to treat you with respect. Choose the right one and never expect him to change for the better for you otherwise you'll waste your youth and time on him for nothing! Choose a very moral man. Everyone else is a REJECT.

Hi, I agree with all the above posters.

I'm currently 21, and I had my first boyfriend at 15. It only lasted two months, but it had an immense (negative) impact on me. Towards the last few weeks of our relationship, I could tell things were not going well. One day he coerced me into having sex, and though I was scared and did NOT want to, I eventually gave in because I didn't want to give him a reason to break up with me. A week later, after barely talking to me since, he broke up with me anyway. It crushed me and plummeted my view of my self-worth drastically for YEARS. I look back on my that time in my life with so much sadness. At 21, I am still very young, but at 15, I was a child. So much of my innocence was stolen by a boy who could not have cared less.

I know it's a natural desire, but I really encourage you not to focus on boys and relationships while you are in high school. I did not date again until my freshman year of college, and it was a relationship worth waiting for. We dated for 2 1/2 years, and I finally got to experience real love and GOOD sex. There are SO many better guys out there than the ones in your high school classes, I promise.

Archived