Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Post-traumatic stress after breakup ?

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Are you saying that you don't believe her or that she hasn't lived up to your standards in some way?
    I’m saying you’re projecting.

According to her, she has the tools, only she can decide to use them.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    I’m saying you’re projecting.
    Who cares? And how is that even relevant to this thread or Lucha's problem? Are suggesting that I'm somehow impeding Lucha's mental and/or emotional advancement with my projections?

Aren't we all projecting? Isn't that what we do as people and how we relate to each other and the world around us?

What you're actually trying to do is pick a fight in the middle of somebody else's thread.

Ridiculous.

Who cares? And how is that even relevant to this thread or Lucha's problem? Are suggesting that I'm somehow impeding Lucha's mental and/or emotional advancement with my projections?

Aren't we all projecting? Isn't that what we do as people and how we relate to each other and the world around us?

What you're actually trying to do is pick a fight in the middle of somebody else's thread.

Ridiculous.
    No.

This was starting a fight:

Are you saying that you don't believe her or that she hasn't lived up to your standards in some way?
    I responded to the accusal, I believe you are getting worked up because you are seeing yourself in the poster, which happens, some poster we connect with more recognize their stories, you’re right it’s understandable and we all do it, what we don’t all do is go on the attack when you disagree. I said nothing to warrant what you said.

Yes, let’s please drop it, neither of us will change opinions. I have no desire to argue either.

Platinum Member
    Guys, I am asking politely, please don't debate. It doesn't help the OP.

She seems to truly believe she can't get out of the situations she puts herself into. At some point it's a choice, right?

Platinum Member
    Wow, this is getting a little out of control.

I want to clarify something: I studied medicine for 7 years, and graduated as a medical doctor five years ago, then started residency (psychiatry). Because of my own issues I know what I can and cannot offer to clients, and usually stick to the medical field - diagnostics and medication. I see people regularly to follow up on medication and how the disease state progesses. If I want them to get proper “therapy”, I refer them to a therapist - which in the country where I live are two distinct educations: psychiatrist versus psychologist. A psychiatrist can take a therapy education, but it is additional on top of 7 years of medicine and 5 of psychiatry.

I did not diagnose my exes, those who had BPD were diagnosed prior to meeting them , and disclosed this information to me during the relationship or after breaking up. I did also not diagnose my mother. I agree it would be unethical.

I can ofcourse see it is quite ridiculous to be a licensed medical doctor and come to a forum for ‘support’. I do not want to act like a dramaqueen, but I am interested in other people’s experiences and what they learned from it.

Ofcourse I have knowledge. I do not however have a lot of life experience/ wisdom. So I keep interested in other people’s views.

Doctors can have their own vulnerabilities, you know. We are not superpeople, we are human.

So , I am not lying about my education/background, I am going through counseling myself the past 3 years (after difficult breakup 5 years ago) and therapy is going fine. I have gained independency and do not believe my life is about to end after a breakup anymore. But it still does impose a lot of complicated feelings in me.

I think this topic may be closed now.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    No.

This was starting a fight:

That was actually me trying to understand what you were talking about. I truly did not understand what you were talking about and was attempting to relate. I asked a question. I didn't accuse. Sorry you misinterpreted.

Case closed now.

Thread closed...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice