Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am i overthinking about this guy ?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Chinil
    Yes, iím wondering if he started coming on to me ? I donít know how to react.
    I don't think it matters if he was flirting or not. If you are interested in getting to know him better, your responses showed him the opposite.

Act professional and keep it impersonal as you have been. That will send the message that you are there to work, not flirt/date.
    Yes, iím wondering if he started coming on to me ? I donít know how to react.

Do you think he is flirting ?

First decide if you want him to be
    Do you think he is flirting ?

What do you mean ? Is this normal for guy say this to friend / coworker ? I kinda like him.

Then it's not workplace sexual harassment, but rather you have a crush and hope his actions indicate an interest in you.
    I kinda like him.

So , he is not flirting. Iím overthinking then ..

Platinum Member
    He might be - but why do you care -for your ego? You want to know your coworker thinks you're attractive? Here's the thing- even if he was, you shut that down with your responses. If you'd like to get to know him better and see potential for going on a date at this point you're going to have to be proactive about initiating a back and forth friendly conversation.

Thanks. Itís not for my ego.Iím just shy and nervous..

Platinum Member
    Thanks. Itís not for my ego.Iím just shy and nervous..
    Your responses to me did not come across as shy -maybe partly -they came across as cold and disinterested. Shy doesn't have to mean responding in that way - so it's fine to be "shy" even when typing on a screen but perhaps try to think about the other person and how he might feel if he acts in a friendly way and gets rebuffed, more than once.

My husband was extremely shy when we first met many years ago -took him a lot of courage to ask me out for lunch -back then no internet, no cell, no texting -and we worked at the same company. But because he was interested in me as a person he chose getting to know me over giving in to shyness. If you want to get to know this person, contact him and start a conversation and if he is responsive (he might not be since you were unfriendly last time) then see if he wants to continue the conversation over coffee or a walk during lunch, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice