Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Hubby to recommission?

  1. #11
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,833
    Gender
    Female
    He decided he is going to tell them yes. It is not often that they come to you . He might have to take a teaching course at the local college and then do his officer board in November. His trade courses are done 3 hours away. His course is 5 months long.

    His pay rate will go up slightly because they have to move him to a pay incentive which isnít lower than his current pay as he already makes more than a basic Captain.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,815
    I'm glad that he came to a decision, as it seems that he's made it thoughtfully and carefully. Will you have to move, or can you stay where you are?

  3. #13
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,833
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    I'm glad that he came to a decision, as it seems that he's made it thoughtfully and carefully. Will you have to move, or can you stay where you are?
    My bet is we have to move, but not until he is done training. Most likely they would have moved us in a year anyway. We have had a super long posting here we have been here nine years this summer , July 15. And he arrived six months before us . So he was here nine years in January and my son and I got here in July .

    As long as we stay in Ontario it should be OK . We can still see family and my son will still get his disability . I will have to restart my business in the new place but thatís what a military spouse does all the time .

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,815
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My bet is we have to move, but not until he is done training. Most likely they would have moved us in a year anyway. We have had a super long posting here we have been here nine years this summer , July 15. And he arrived six months before us . So he was here nine years in January and my son and I got here in July .

    As long as we stay in Ontario it should be OK . We can still see family and my son will still get his disability . I will have to restart my business in the new place but thatís what a military spouse does all the time .
    Well you are an exemplary military spouse, and your son and husband, as well as your entire country, appreciate your service and your willingness to compromise with your husband on his new adventure!

  5.  

  6. #15
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,833
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Well you are an exemplary military spouse, and your son and husband, as well as your entire country, appreciate your service and your willingness to compromise with your husband on his new adventure!
    Aww thank you.

  7. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,815
    You know Seraphim, you've been posting here a long time. This issue is obviously major for your family, but you're showing an enormous amount of maturity, sincerity, and desire to do what's best by your family. We read so much here that someone didn't text someone back, their world is falling apart, how can they move on. When what you're facing is a true issue. You're showing, with your discussion and your attention to this matter, what it takes to make a real, lasting marriage and family work.

  8. #17
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,833
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    You know Seraphim, you've been posting here a long time. This issue is obviously major for your family, but you're showing an enormous amount of maturity, sincerity, and desire to do what's best by your family. We read so much here that someone didn't text someone back, their world is falling apart, how can they move on. When what you're facing is a true issue. You're showing, with your discussion and your attention to this matter, what it takes to make a real, lasting marriage and family work.
    Thatís the thing we do what is good for the unit not just ourselves. Him advancing himself helps everyone. It cements our future. Plus I was in the military too. I ď get it ď and him.

  9. #18
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,833
    Gender
    Female
    [Register to see the link]

    There is a video here explaining the job.

  10. #19
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,833
    Gender
    Female
    Tomorrow hubby meets with a personal selection officer. ( PSO) So starts the process. Waiting to see what our last 10 years in the Forces brings us.

  11. #20
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,833
    Gender
    Female
    So hubbyís interview with the PSO went really really well. He has a degree of course, he has experience and his aptitude test from his 20ís putís him in the top third of applicants. Your aptitude test in 60% of the judgement process and the other approximately 40% is how you sell yourself at your officer board. They also want him to re-write the personality test because his last personality test was 26 years ago. But we should know sometime next year or late this year if heís accepted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •