Dontknow4782

So a few months ago my boyfriend broke up with me. He said it was because he felt stuck. We used to work together but then he had the opportunity to transfer to a location closer to his house. He took it because it would save him more money and time which is completely understandable. After a few month of him working in the new location things were going great. We had an amazing relationship. One day he randomly told me we needed to talk and that it was important, he started texting differently. I was nervous but we met up the next day and he told me that his ex was working at the same location and she’s “ apparently “ going through something rough and that he was the only one that could help her. He didn’t know what to do so he broke up with me. He was crying and telling me that he didn’t want to do this but he didn’t want to put me in this sort of position. We had been dating a little over 9 months by the way. So we keep in contact for about two months after and we’d even see each other here and there. Then he got into a car accident. I was terrified when he sent me a picture. I was so sad and I told him that I loved him and that I’d always be there for him. He said that he appreciated me so much. Then pretty much after that we stopped talking. We hadn’t talked in a few weeks. Then after a few weeks later he posted a picture of his new girlfriend on Snapchat that was taken “ 2 months ago “ of them getting ice cream. Even though that was around the same time we had hung out and gotten ice cream as friends of course. After the day we hung out it was obvious that he was still attracted to me with the way he was flirting after, through text. Another thing is that he would never post on Instagram , he legit had 0 posts and after 9 months of us dating he never posted about me but after a couple months he posts about her. He puts her on his snapchat a lot too. He deleted a lot of his followers and he unfollowed a lot of people but he hasn’t removed me. I posted a picture of this Christmas light event I wanted to go to a while back and he took her there recently. He also posted today on snap that they were at this fancy restaurant we would always go to together. He still watches my stories. She apparently works at the same place as him. She’s also not as attractive honestly. Maybe she’s a rebound ? Honestly I don’t know. We had a really good relationship and our breakup was super unexpected. Could it be that maybe he was bored of me ? I know I’m my part I didn’t do anything wrong, I always did my best to make him happy and I was always faithful. I don’t understand. Is there a reason why he removed so many people from Instagram and not me ? Like he only follows 80 people now, and his new gf didn’t have an Instagram I believe. I mean we don’t talk anymore , he has a new girlfriend, if he moved on then why hasn’t he taken me off ?

Do you think he hasn't removed you because, despite the fact he is in a relationship with someone else, he really wants to be with you?

I don't get why you think him not removing you is significant. He probably thinks you two are "friends", especially since you did meet up with him recently as "friends".

Do you think he hasn't removed you because, despite the fact he is in a relationship with someone else, he really wants to be with you?

I don't get why you think him not removing you is significant. He probably thinks you two are "friends", especially since you did meet up with him recently as "friends".

I feel like he still has feelings for me. I don’t think it’s easy to lose feeling for someone so quick especially when we had a good relationship. I mean we were trying to stay as friends but that was before I knew he had someone new. He also never mentioned her to me. I only knew he had a girlfriend because one of his friends told me, and then I saw her on his snapchat.

I get that you want him to still have romantic feelings for you.

I hope you don't plan on waiting around, hoping he ends his relationship to come back to you. That would be a waste of your precious time, especially since he made it pretty clear he wants to be friends. I don't see how not removing you from Snapchat changes that.

I feel like he still has feelings for me. I don’t think it’s easy to lose feeling for someone so quick especially when we had a good relationship. I mean we were trying to stay as friends but that was before I knew he had someone new. He also never mentioned her to me. I only knew he had a girlfriend because one of his friends told me, and then I saw her on his snapchat.

Ummmmmm wot?

He broke up with you. He posts pics of himself with his new gf.

What part of that makes you think he still has feelings for you exactly?

Ummmmmm wot?

He broke up with you. He posts pics of himself with his new gf.

What part of that makes you think he still has feelings for you exactly?

I only found out he had a gf about 2 weeks ago. He never mentioned her to me while we were still talking even though they’d clearly started seeing each other then. Yet he would flirt with me. Idk , if I had someone new in my life I would want nothing to do with my ex out of respect for my new relationship.

I get that you want him to still have romantic feelings for you.

I hope you don't plan on waiting around, hoping he ends his relationship to come back to you. That would be a waste of your precious time, especially since he made it pretty clear he wants to be friends. I don't see how not removing you from Snapchat changes that.

I’m not waiting. Yes it hurts but I have to keep living my life.

I only found out he had a gf about 2 weeks ago. He never mentioned her to me while we were still talking even though they’d clearly started seeing each other then. Yet he would flirt with me. Idk , if I had someone new in my life I would want nothing to do with my ex out of respect for my new relationship.

Well perhaps he is not very respectful then.

Also I wouldn't be at all surprised if this new gf is actually his ex gf that he's gotten back together with.

There's no point even thinking Bout this guy and definitely not worth trying to stay friends with him.

It sounds like he was dating her all along. He dumped you for her.

You don't need to know anything more than that.

And why would you sit in the background creeping on him and hoping and praying he wants you back? The guy dumped you for another girl!!!

I hope you can get some self esteem and delete/block him.

Do you really want to get back with a guy who flirts with other women while he has a gf? This shows he has rotten ethics. How can you think you'd be so special to him that he'd all of a sudden become a man who wouldn't flirt with other women if he got back together with you? With him, no girl is special. I know the reason he keeps you on his social media. He knows that if he were without a woman temporarily, that you're always there waiting on the sidelines and that he could likely reel you in for some brief fun until he starts flirting with another poor victim.

You're keeping him in your life by keeping track of his activities. STOP IT! Until you work on your self esteem (read some articles and library books on how to accomplish that) you will keep being a doormat and attracting worthless men. Vow to make 2019 a year that you do what's best for yourself. For now, enjoy the holidays with girlfriends and family and enjoy some time as a single lady.

First, forget about anything he’s doing on social media, who he’s deleted, who he’s following etc. As hard as it is, stop looking. For your own sanity. You will drive yourself nuts.

Him being “the only one who can help” his ex is bs. He said that as an excuse to end it with you. And he is trying to make himself look like a good guy. And he isn’t. Like someone else mentioned above, he was most likely seeing her or in touch with her before ending it with you.

Also it really bothers me that when he gave you the news you said “I’ll always be there for you”— just no. You don’t need to be there for him, or waste anymore time on this jerk. He dumped you for someone else.

I don’t understand. Is there a reason why he removed so many people from Instagram and not me ? Like he only follows 80 people now, and his new gf didn’t have an Instagram I believe. I mean we don’t talk anymore , he has a new girlfriend, if he moved on then why hasn’t he taken me off ?

Yes... he wants to keep you on the hook in case he loses his other fish.

I have people from my past on my social media that I simply forgot to remove/didn't care about doing so

You're attributing too much meaning to it. What's important is that he's moved on with someone else. So you should try to move on too

Removing him from social media yourself if you have to. Stop watching his social media and knowing what he's doing with his new girlfriend or analysing it.

You're attributing too much meaning to it. He didn't tell you but he didn't hide it from you. He posted it o his social media. If he still had feelings for your and wanted to be with you, he wouldn't be risking losing you by being with someone else and showing it off on social media. I'm sorry to be so blunt but he sooner you realise this the sooner you'll be able to move on.

Archived