Would I able to travel to France?

dragonfly87

French is my 3rd language I've learnt during my HS years. My level at the current moment is intermediate-advanced.

I was thinking of furthering my studies there and remaining there for a while. How do they treat immigrants over there? There is another question I have. I've been living in my country for 11 years due to voluntary departure. There was a time, I used to live in Miami, FL (the USA).

So I'm wondering if this will also affect my chances of travelling to France as well too? Does that mean I can't ever travel anywhere else? More women are getting abused and killed in my country. It has gotten to the point that it's not safe to even be in a relationship with a local man.

Do you have a valid passport in your country? Have you been accepted in France at a university or for a job? Have you applied for an extended stay visa? It's not about "how they treat foreigners". You need to research the French requirements for what you want. You are not a US national nor attempting to reenter the US illegally so that probably won't affect it.

As to the answers, yes I have a valid passport in my country. I'll be speaking to my college coordinator anytime this week. They do have my college programs about my major there so I'm going to work on submitting an application.

For the meantime, I'm going to search online about the requirements. Nope, I have no intention on reentering in the US illegally and never wanted to. My parents brought me there illegally when I was 4.

The best answers to get for your question is to contact your country's embassy in France. Most users here are from English speaking countries and won't be able to answer these questions (US, Canada, Australia, UK, etc). Here is a website to research:

http://www.frenchlaw.com/Immigration_Visas.htm

As for safety, I hope you have been paying attention to the news.

Yes, your best bet is to contact their embassy. You may require a visa as well as a passport. There are many requirements to be a student in another country.

I have a guy from Peru who is doing a Master's degree with me in the UK. From what he told me, the Peruvian government provides you a student visa for the country you will be studying. But the visa expires as soon as you finish your degree and if I am not mistaken you can't leave the coutry during your time there.

Archived