I want a Divorce, but wife is happily married

DennyRosario

Am I able to divorce my wife if she is happily married. It is driving me insane as I want to move on but I don't know how to convince her that I don't want to be with her anymore. She tells me to see a doctor and stop telling her I don't love her anymore. She doesn't believe me. I even have a new girlfriend. My new girlfriend doesn't know about my wife. My wife doesn't care that I have a girlfriend. She keeps telling me how to think and feel.

Well, it depends on what state and country you're in. Some states in the United States have a no-fault divorce, but most courts require a separation period. You should probably talk to a divorce lawyer and they can tell you how to proceed.

You do not need her consent to divorce her. Talk to an attorney. He can tell you what a likely divorce judgment is for someone with your circumstances in your state.

Many states do not look kindly on infidelity and that may impact whether and how much spousal support you’ll pay. Many assets will be considered marital (even if you think “I earned that with my paycheck” - nope, you earned it with a paycheck while you were married so that’s marital money right there!) I would suggest you really paint the picture for yourself of what your life situation looks like post-divorce before you decide to walk down that road.

If your wife lawyers up and does not want to settle on the terms you’ve proposed (which sometimes happens just because the other person does not want the divorce or is in denial), then you’re potentially looking at a trial and additional costs.

As mentioned by the previous comment, there is often a required waiting period after you file and court dates are scheduled months in advance. So don’t expect to walk in there, file today, and be divorced tomorrow. Even an easy divorce takes 3-6 months, and depending on assets to divide (and whether discovery of assets is needed), whether you have kids, and whether the parties generally agree on the terms, you could be talking over a year from start to finish.

Am I able to divorce my wife if she is happily married. It is driving me insane as I want to move on but I don't know how to convince her that I don't want to be with her anymore. She tells me to see a doctor and stop telling her I don't love her anymore. She doesn't believe me. I even have a new girlfriend. My new girlfriend doesn't know about my wife. My wife doesn't care that I have a girlfriend. She keeps telling me how to think and feel.

Of course your wife is trying to save your marriage. She is in the denial and bargaining phases. I suggest you fess up to the mistress that you are married. Then decide if you want to divorce your wife after she runs away and you don't have a fall back. Have you ever gone to counseling to work on your marital issues (if there were any aside from your wandering penis) before you got to this point?

Archived