So shes acting a bit weird...

PersonSmith

So me and this girl max had something togethre in December. But some stuff happened from then till late April. After she realised that her friends were trying to split us, she came back and let me deal with her ex who was harassing her at the time. But, i still liked her and forgave her. She said that we would alwasy be friends, however, recentyl shes given me positive signs. So i changed my attitude two days ago, i made myself less available to her, I stopped flirting, I stopped complimenting her, I stopped begging her for forgiveness when i mess up and I stopped calling her back when she cuts the call in a little tantrum. When doing this she felt really werid that I still seemed happy. She came at me asking why im changing so muhc, she tried to say that she had a boyfriend that she admits to faking to get me jealous, she asked why i didnt call her in the morning etc. Then for three hours she begged me to tell her if i liked her or not, all i said was that i couldnt considering she is just a friend but when i hinted that i might she rested back a little like a content child. I also have a good friend michelle, and when i was taling to michelle for a bit, max used thsi against me so much, like intead of taling to her i should talk to max like in jealousy. She told me that the future insnt set for her and hints that she may be interested in a future together. Like whenever she can, she would call me. Especially after a big event in her life, such as her tests recently taht she has been working towards for over 2 years. She literally facetimed me while her mum was sat next to her, despite her mum not liking her talking to guys at all. She did that just so she could "hear my voice". So either im a desperate fool, or shes in denial. Maybe its cos shes so fixated in her future career and exams right now. I am really baffled by this. I need to get a third opinion, cos i really love this girl. Any opinions of whats going on or advise on what i should do would be appreciated.

Any opinions of whats going on or advise on what i should do would be appreciated.

Tell her that you can't be friends with her because you have feelings for her and then follow up on that with actions. You don't want her as a friend, so you can't treat her like one. When you act different than what you feel and want, it usually leaves you with a sense of disappointment and leads to weird situations like this. Stop letting yourself down.

I think she loves the attention you are giving her. If you stop it, she will either decide that she wants you back or she'll move on because her feelings weren't so great to begin with. It's a win win.

We see eachother twice a week and theres a connection that neither of us can deny. We are both going to a camp over the summer. She kicked me out of her group. She also told me yesterday that if she saw a really hot guy there that shed try sometihng but then said that she most likely wont. She then called me cute, which is aword she hasnt said since we dated but covered it up realy quick. So as im saying, she is a really confused gal.

So ive told her that I cant be friends and explained to her that the same way that she can not fake having feelings, I cannot fake a friendship. I explained that I treat her like my loved one but she only sees me as a friend and that i feel like i have lost all my self dignity and respect by treating her this way for a friendship. She cut that call in frustration last night and then asked if we wont be friends then. I simply replied that I would only stop treating her like my girlfriend and went straght to sleep. In the morning I see a load of texts from her saying that she doesnt think she cant do this and said something along the lines of talking more after her exams and not facetiming or calling until then. Knowing her she will either break under her own rule and want to talk to me or she will actually cut me off. She also told me that the only reason she doesnt feel like going to another guy is cos she will feel bad for me. Is that just an excuse or...? So yh, id love to know what u think about this.

Well, right now she's extremely stressed because of exams so her mind is all over the place. But she doesn't sound very stable and she doesn't know what she wants. She would be too crazy for me to handle. The question is what do you want to do? You can hang out with her in camp and see what happens. But you might not want to get too close to her. Maybe she'll find someone else to bother.

Archived