Ex keeps contacting me out of the blue its been years

shoebaby1

We broke up, he left because he said I was too combative and just a bunch of stuff. He treated me pretty bad in my eyes because he was just so critical of the way I am as a person... but after the break up I just stopped caring naturally and moved on. He then starts contacting me to say hi, I say hi and then move on, he has been contacting me since about 2015. He says I was always the woman for him and he messed up blah blah blah you know how it goes. It doesn't really bother me because I have no feelings for him its just kinda interesting to read because at one point I wanted him back so bad and now that he wants me back I really don't care for him at all. So every few months he will contact me saying "hey sexy, thinking of you hope you're well". I just wanted some outside thoughts...why does this happen? It doesn't bother me or anything I just basically ignore the texts now and go about my day but I do sometimes wonder why is he doing this? lol Why text me, is he bored? I would ask him but I don't really think he would tell the truth. After all these years wouldn't he have moved on to a new person? What the heck. This post is sorta random sorry. LOL

You do have a boyfriend, right? Out of respect for your relationship, you need to tell him NOT to contact you anymore and mean it, then block him.

You seriously think a "hey, sexy" text is platonic and appropriate.

This guy has run out of women and is now looking up women in his past. It may not be ego, but a love for drama that puts you in a position of keeping this up.

I didn't really think of it as that bad because i don't reply anymore but I think the ego thing is right on. He treated me bad so it feels good to see him be so....lame. I wouldn't want to upset my boyfriend if he saw the texts but I stopped replying a long time ago. I can block him, or I can just tell him to stop.

You do have a boyfriend, right? Out of respect for your relationship, you need to tell him NOT to contact you anymore and mean it, then block him.

You seriously think a "hey, sexy" text is platonic and appropriate.

This guy has run out of women and is now looking up women in his past. It may not be ego, but a love for drama that puts you in a position of keeping this up.

I reread my posts, I don't see where I said "hey sexy" is platonic and appropriate, did I give off that I am okay with that. I read the texts and start thinking. I think a lot..

I block solicitors, and I have no feelings for them.

Not really interesting, at all. If you didn't care, you would not have created this thread, and blocked him.

It is interesting TO ME, I should have said that in my post. I don't really expect it to be interesting to everyone..like I said I think a lot and analyze things and scenarios. I don't block solicitors...I can see why people would I just don't.

I reread my posts, I don't see where I said "hey sexy" is platonic and appropriate, did I give off that I am okay with that. I read the texts and start thinking. I think a lot..

No -- i didn't say you said it was appropriate. What i implied was: Why are you not shutting this down if he is saying things that are not appropriate?? You are giving off that you are okay with it to him because you have not stopped it. You can't control others - but you can control who has access to you. Anyone with good boundaries would have told him that you are in a relationship and please don't contact me, or "i am not interested. Please do not contact me again". You have allowed him to continue --- and therefore now your mind has turned to analyzing it and he is on your mind. You have to seal up all the leaks to get rid of drama.

Unless you want your boyfriend to see the "hey sexy' texts and break it off with you.

No -- i didn't say you said it was appropriate. What i implied was: Why are you not shutting this down if he is saying things that are not appropriate?? You are giving off that you are okay with it to him because you have not stopped it. You can't control others - but you can control who has access to you. Anyone with good boundaries would have told him that you are in a relationship and please don't contact me, or "i am not interested. Please do not contact me again". You have allowed him to continue --- and therefore now your mind has turned to analyzing it and he is on your mind. You have to seal up all the leaks to get rid of drama.

Unless you want your boyfriend to see the "hey sexy' texts and break it off with you.

Me thinks that she like the attention.

Archived