Midgar

Sorry if this wasn't the best place to post this.

I can't tell if she likes me. I'm 26 and she's 23, we both work part time at a supermarket. Through that, i've gotten to know her quite well. We got on very well from the get go. Probably started about 4-5 months ago?

For the next part i'm going to point out that i and her both smoke cannabis, and i'm not looking for judgement on that.

So we've hung out twice after work, for a smoke. We just sat and chatted in my back garden. Obviously we have more time and room to have more personal conversations outside of work. And it does feel very get to know you, get to know me kinda conversation.

But after that she messaged me her number saying text me if you ever fancy a smoke again. We hung out a second time, walked around the park and watched TV at mine. Bare in mind this is all after 10pm, as that's when we finish work. So she's has to trust me a fair bit.

We don't really flirt. Subtle compliments about each other, inside and outside of work. But i suffer with depression and social anxiety so i find it difficult to do that with people i'm not with. Turns out she also has anxiety and depression. So it could be the same for her. Don't get me wrong, we both come across as confident people. We're just the type that are dying on the inside while maintaining confidence.. lol. She's had some abusive boyfriends in the past so that could make her withdrawn from it? Well, she did pull down her shirt strap to show me the tattoo on the back of her shoulder. We're both into tattoos and have quite a few each. I don't know if that's flirting though, it was seducing me pretty good though lol.

But yeah, i like her. I don't know if she does me. I want to tell her. Simple as "i like you, but i'm also cool with friends" which is true. But i'm really messed up from my passed relationship. I lost most of my self confidence to it and was rejected regularly for about 2 years. So the idea being rejected by the girl i like is terrifying to me and i just can't bring myself to say it.

I know if i don't, with how well we get on we'll end up stuck as friends.

She's not the type of girl i'd usually be attracted to honestly. She's from the tough London estates, into raves and stuff. I'm a typical metal head from Oxford, who goes to gigs and festivals. So i'm obviously not her usual type either. Yet there's some chemistry here, you know when you just feel it.

But then people flirt at work all the time who aren't into each at all, so i don't know what to make of that.

Should i just tell i like her? I was bricking it when i asked her to hang outside of work. But surprisingly she was up for it.

Thanks for any advice.

Well, as long as you have pot, she may want to hang out with you, but I don't know how much further you can take it if that's the case. But some of the signs are there. Why not call her up for a movie, dinner, lunch, concert, etc. If she says no, then say, cool. I just wanted to know. See you tomorrow night after work? And you'll have your answer. But don't do it the lazy way when you guys are just hanging out.

Archived