Is it ok to ask him if everything's ok?

Olivi72

I've been dating this guy for 3 months. In the beginning everything was all good. He initiated everything; he called, he texted, he make plans to see me weekly. Ever since I told him I'd love to see him more often (after our 6th date) because we only see each other once a week, that was when he started to change. At the moment when I said that, he seemed cool with it and even suggested another date for 2 days later. But when that day came he didn't say anything about the date. The day after he just said he was super busy. Ever since then, he still talks to me, even more now through texting. Only thing is that he doesn't make plans to see me anymore. The last time I tried to make plans, he cancelled last minute saying he had a huge headache that came out of nowhere. He never rescheduled. I guess he could sense that I was upset and now he barely talks to me. Is t possible for me to ask him if everything is ok between us without coming off as needy? I really like this guy and I just need to know from his mouth that he's not into me anymore for me to be able to completely move on, otherwise I'll keep having doubts and coming back to him.

You could just explain you know he isn't into you and wish him the best. I mean it sucks he is phasing you out the way he is. All you can do is move forward now and if he says he is interested it could be him playing the 'let's be polite even though I don't mean it.' Game. I personally would rather have someone be honest and say how they truly feel then be coy and be led on. I know you want the same.

I suggest not worrying about closure. You haven't known him for too long.

Just wish him well and find someone worthy of your time.

Lisa

He's not into you, and you need to be able to accept that. Dont text him, he knows how to contact you if he wants to. It's not nice to just back out of someone's life without a proper conversation but maybe this is his way of indirectly saying he is not interested in you the way you are interested in him.

I really want to move on from him but it's so hard considering that we work in the same building so we'd sometimes run into each other. One day id be like ok I can do this, just let him go and think about something else, then bam, I see him and I get hurt all over again because of how he's treating me now. I try to be polite and just say hi but should I just ignore him altogether? Will cutting contact over texts and also in person possibly make him want me again? How do I move on from someone I run into often at work?

I really want to move on from him but it's so hard considering that we work in the same building so we'd sometimes run into each other. One day id be like ok I can do this, just let him go and think about something else, then bam, I see him and I get hurt all over again because of how he's treating me now. I try to be polite and just say hi but should I just ignore him altogether? Will cutting contact over texts and also in person possibly make him want me again? How do I move on from someone I run into often at work?

Try to reposition this as your choice, and in a way, it is. You said you wanted to see him more often. He began to withdraw. He (1) chose not advance the relationship when you wanted to, (2) avoided having a conversation about it, (3) appears he is going to avoid having any sort of conversation. Your man is going to behave differently. He will be forthright and transparent.

You don't want this guy. He doesn 't give you what you want.

Naah, you don't really want to hear him say that he's not into you--nobody 'wants' to hear that. You're telling yourself that in order to make it sound okay to corner him on the issue while actually hoping that he'll come up with something brilliant--he just had a temporary brain tumor, or something.

Skip that, you know why? After you force the issue and make him squirm, you still won't hear an answer that makes you feel any better, and you'll only feel squirmy afterward for coming off as needy.

Don't do that. If you force this, you'll still run into him, only you'll feel 10 times worse for sticking your neck out. Instead, reach for your best dignity, grab a convenient case of amnesia whenever your paths cross, and greet him as kindly as you would a stranger as you pass him by and move FORward.

You'll thank yourself later, when he becomes irrelevant and you feel better about NOT positioning yourself badly.

Head high.

Archived