Sudden Break-Up After Incredible Start

obenitez425

Hello my name is Oliver!

My boyfriend (Josh) of about a month recently broke up with me. I am bummed at the outcome of what was initially a dream come true. I'll give you all some background of how things got started and where they went from there. I'm curious to see what advice/insight you all have on this. Thanks in advance!

Josh and I met in late May, and I was a dream come true. I am 29 years old, and he is 26. Our first date went on for close to five hours, and it was great. We had brunch, went to get tea, and he asked if he could join me in buying a printer (BORING HAHA) I had to go get. We saw each other the next day at a movie theater and ended up spending 13 hours together that day. Nothing physical other than a kiss happened, as we spent the entire night in my room just talking and laughing. It was all surreal and talking to a friend a couple days after these first dates, I told her this guy was the product of someone jumping into my brain and making a human with the qualities I wanted. Some days after, Josh (my ex) told me he didn't want to be too intense but felt the need to tell me that I "was the outcome of someone inceptioning his brain and making a human." I was surprised to hear him say the exact same words I had used. That night he asked me to be his boyfriend, and I agreed. It was all surreal. He often called me perfect, ideal, and soon after had me meeting all his friends and asked if I would be okay with meeting part of his family including his mom. He said she had heard about me and was curious and excited. We both knew it was early on, but we both had an understanding that we were "meant to be" and were up for it. I was hesitant to introduce him to friends and most people in my life because I normally take things very slowly (I've only ever had two relationships 4yr and 5 yr) but introduced him to some of my friends, as this guy was great.

This intensity lasted for a little less than a month. The weekend before I was supposed to meet his mom, Josh seemed distant and unresponsive. His shift in his approach to me was obvious, and we had a conversation on Tuesday. He told me he was making a conscious effort to distance himself from me because he was freaked out by how "real, raw, true, and perfect" it all was. He said he had been looking for something real all this time and that now that it was here it scared him. He cried several times during this conversation. I managed to keep my cool although I was very disappointed. He asked to give me a hug and was sobbing as we hugged. He apologized for "being messed up" and told me he didn't know why he found himself running away from what was truly making him happy. When I asked how this had come up, he brought up a night last week where he told me a lot of personal info about his childhood and suddenly stopped. He told me that he had abruptly stopped that night because he was going to share something with me that he had never shared with anyone before, and it scared him how soon after meeting me he felt so at ease to be open and be himself.

I thanked him for talking to me, and he asked if he could stay with me for a while. He hung around for about 45 minutes after our conversation and spent most of that time crying. He asked me to not forget about him ever and left my place. On his way out, he told me that his XBOX, which he had left at my house to watch movies when he came over, was still in my room. I turned around to get it, but he stopped me and told me to leave it there. He said he would come get it some other day.

I have not heard of him since then, but he has liked every single post I've made on instagram or facebook, has viewed all my snapchat story posts, and earlier today sent me a picture on snapchat of an X-Men toy he came across (he knows I'm a huge fan). I've made it a point to avoid him or pictures of him online.

What do you all make of this? Is he confused? Will he come around and realize he made a mistake? I believe everything he told me, but I'm curious to see what you all think. I'm bummed but hopeful yet trying to move on. I know it was super short lived, but it was all like a dream.

Rushing into this was a big red flag. You were right when you felt it was too much too fast.

I'm sorry, but there is no future with this guy. He rushes into things, and then backs off as he has commitment issues. He also likes the initial excitement, when it becomes real he gets bored.

I would not be surprised if he come back to mess you around, but this time there will be no commitment, as he only wants his ego stroked and sex.

Do yourself a huge favor. Return the Xbox, then block and delete, he will mess with your heart and head!!!

BTW, the tears and words mean nothing, my ex did the same with me when he ended it. Common theme on this site.

Find someone who is available, and take it slow.

Archived