Just set up a date w/ a chick whose listed age was 20 on Tinder, but now unsure

kevin715

Yesterday, I matched with someone on Tinder who was listed as 20 (I'm 27), and started talking to her and wound up setting up a lunch date with her today. She had her college listed on her profile and everything and she looked her age, but when I looked a little further into things, I'm starting to doubt that that's her real age. I never asked her about schooling or anything (again, since it was there on her profile, I had no reason to think anything was amiss), but since she has a rather unique first name, I was able to find her elsewhere, and apparently her timeline of high school line up to be in the range of being a senior in high school, which means she would be right on that 17/18 line, and I'm not willing to take any chances with that. Now I feel duped about all of this, but I don't know how to handle this with her going forward.

Wow, good you looked into it. What made you research it? Do you want to ask her directly or just not ask her out again? If she's jail-bait and lying, yeah, run.

I was able to find her elsewhere, and apparently her timeline of high school line up to be in the range of being a senior in high school, which means she would be right on that 17/18 line, and I'm not willing to take any chances with that. Now I feel duped about all of this, but I don't know how to handle this with her going forward.

I generally try to look up anybody whom I might meet if possible regardless of circumstances, but I don't really talk about or bring up any "off-the-record" information face to face. I figure this will naturally come up today, so I won't force it.

I would think if she so easily lies about something so major, then what else would she lie about? Break the date. It's always about what's best for yourself, and if others get their feelings hurt, so be it. Just because she's got the body of a woman doesn't mean she is one. She's still a girl and her brain won't reach maturity until about age 25.

Have you seen the show catfish? I learned to do background check on online profiles if im interested on someone online... Lol well most of them are fake...

this is why I like to meet quickly. Suggest drinks, coffee early on. If they waffle, goodbye!

Archived