Diagnosed with POTS

1Love1

I feel so crushed. One day, I'm living life and my life is perfect. I have an exciting career path, a wonderful husband, and the best 5 year old anyone could ever imagine. Then, everything changed in just 1 week. Now, I'm left angry and sad. I can no longer go through with the career that I only JUST obtained and spent thousands of dollars in school tuition to achieve, I can no longer take my child to the park except if I'm just sitting in one spot and watching, I can't even stand up long enough to play a 5 minute game of hide and seek with her. I can't go for daily swims in the summer, or nice hour long hikes... Nothing is the same.

There's no way to know that it'll affect you until one day it just hits you. One day you're running, playing tag with with your child, showering and cooking like you always do; the next day, you can't stand for longer than 5 minutes without feeling like you can't breathe and might collapse. One day you're fine and then the next day you aren't. There's no time to prepare for how drastically things will change. That's the biggest issue that I'm having. I didn't have time to prepare and get used to the idea of being practically bed-ridden and having to recondition my body for YEARS to only MAYBE get back to half function of what I used to be able to do just a couple of weeks ago.

I guess I just came here to vent because the syndrome is so rare that there's no one I can talk to who has to condition too, or even knows what it is for that matter.

Archived