I need advice-what would you do??!

Blueeyes19

I have been dating my boyfriend for a year, everything has been amazing since the beginning and I felt that I could trust him 100%. We recently moved in together and it's been great. Before we moved in her expressed some insecurities about me cheating on him, which I have NEVER EVER done. He had followed his ex girlfriend (who broke his heart a few times over and cheated on him many times leading to his serious trust issues) on Instagram. Yesterday he confessed to me she sent a group chat and included him in it and he claimed he cursed her out, left the group chat, and blocked her number. He was acting weird and kind of mean and fell asleep. I hear his phone buzz and I glance over and see the area code and get a gut feeling it's his ex girlfriend. I google the phone number before looking at the phone and Facebook results show it's his ex girlfriend. At this point I looked at the phone, I needed to know. He was planning on traveling home to see his family or so he told me, butthe text messages show he was planning on meeting up with the ex girlfriend. When I confronted him about it he swore he just wanted to hurt her and make all these plans and ditch her just to make her feel bad like she made him feel. He swore he would never ever cheat and he knows it looks bad bury he swears it was just to get back at her for hurting him all this early years ago. He's never given me a reason to not trust him in matters like this. I don't know if I should trust what he's saying to be true or if I should follow what it looks like, which is he planned to cheat. What do you think?

No matter how you look at this, it's bad news for you.

If you buy his story about wanting to get back at his ex..... It means he is not only not over his ex, but is actually a very nasty vindictive human being. Trust me when I say you want to stay far far far away from vindictive people. They are dangerous and you truly never know what might set them off and make them retaliate against you. You might not even know it was them causing you problems. It's truly a situation of sleeping with the enemy.

If he is looking to cheat....well.....I mean it's not really that unusual for cheaters to be paranoid about themselves being cheated on and accusing others of cheating. It's actually a great strategy to hide their own misdeeds. They play victim, keep you constantly on the defensive and off balance, so you never have a chance to take a close look at what it is they are doing. Except in this case, you actually did find out and it's not pretty.

In your shoes, I'd be quietly exiting this relationship.

Sorry to hear this. How long before you started dating did they breakup? Unfortunately it sounds like things moved a bit too fast moving in together in less than yr of dating.

Less than a year and already there are trust issues, lying, suspicions, etc. How is that "amazing"?

It sounds like his life and thoughts still revolve around her. Perhaps he's using you to get her jealous and get her back. In any case most of his words are lies so who knows?

I have been dating my boyfriend for a year. We recently moved in together.He was planning on traveling home to see his family or so he told me, butthe text messages show he was planning on meeting up with the ex girlfriend. When I confronted him about it he swore he just wanted to hurt her

Why are they still obsessed with each other and planning to meet behind your back? Keep in mind what you stumbled across is the tip of the iceberg and no one plans to hang out to "get back at an ex" after 3 yrs.

when he posted a picture of us on vacation as his profile picture she started to try to contact him

Question for OP, when you and your boyfriend started dating, how long has it been since he and his ex girlfriend broke up?

I'm not suggesting that you're a rebound because you guys have been dating for a year, but I'm suggesting that maybe he never truly got over his ex girlfriend before jumping into a relationship with you.

With that said, the current situation sounds like he is definitely NOT over his ex-girlfriend. If he is acting out of anger, that means he isn't over it. If he's talking to her at all and wanting anything but an amicable talk, then he's not over it. Knowing that she cheated on him and his anger for her, I don't know if he's going to cheat but I would be concerned with him meeting with her.

Sounds like he is STILL emotionally invested in her.

Not such a great idea to have this guy move in with you.. so soon ( Trying to 'get even' with her? Omg.....enough!).

Doesn't seem like he has actually, properly worked on accepting or healing from this last relationship.

cheating may not be the issue here.. but I don't think he is fully into YOU. Not good

Archived