Is it normal for me to feel this awkward

Jess5638

Sometimes when I go to my visit my boyfriend at his house, he won't tell me thst his friend is there. I don't dislike his friend but they have conversations I can't get involved in and I have an anxiety disorder as it is, meaning I'm extremely shy. I usually sit there whilst his friend and him play video games for hours and it makes me so uncomfortable, I feel like a bad smell that is just hanging around. Id rather he tell me that his friend is coming over and I'd arrange another time to see him privately. Am I over reacting?

Sometimes when I go to my visit my boyfriend at his house, he won't tell me thst his friend is there. I don't dislike his friend but they have conversations I can't get involved in and I have an anxiety disorder as it is, meaning I'm extremely shy. I usually sit there whilst his friend and him play video games for hours and it makes me so uncomfortable, I feel like a bad smell that is just hanging around. Id rather he tell me that his friend is coming over and I'd arrange another time to see him privately. Am I over reacting?

I think that you should ask before you go over if the friend is there or will be coming and if he is, then you decline the invitation and go do something with your gurls.

If this happens more times then not then dump him and find someone who cares about you.

While I do think it's slightly rude of your bf to invite you over and then play video games with his friend the whole time, I also think that at some point you'll need to address anxiety disorder and shyness. Then you could at least have the choice to either socialize with them, comment on the video games, whatever OR to simply stand up and walk out the door. But to just sit there feeling uncomfortable seems pointless.

Archived