How to get over this text of my boyfriend?

Hello all.

My boyfriend and I are together for a bit over a year now. He goes to the gym a lot and since a few months I'm going to the gym as well to work on myself. I have a history of being cheated on in relationships by the way, maybe useful information.

At some moments I can get a bit jealous of some girls my boyfriend knows at the gym. There are two girls he gets along with pretty good, let's call them A and B. Now I recently met one of them, A, she's fun and meeting her helped getting over my jealousy of her for some reason. But she has a friend, B, who I haven't met and who still gets me jealous for some reason. A while ago i saw a text my boyfriend sent to his best friend at the gym. He was talking about that girl B. My boyfriend said in that text: "i saw B. again today... mmmmm xD... she has a bit of a belly now though".

Now she's a pretty girl, I couldn't help but look her up on Facebook. She gives dance lessons apparently. I don't know why but I get jealous if he ever mentions her, maybe because of that text I described above.

Any advice on this? It's been a month or two since this happened but thinking about how he talked about her still stings...

He has never done anything (I know of) to make me not trust him. He wouldn't cheat on me, I'm quite sure of that. I just don't like it if he talks about other girls like that, even though I know it's okay if he finds other girls attractive.

The world will always be full of other women walking around, existing, etc. Guys will gossip, comment on and joke about women...so? Concentrate on your relationship and self-confidence. Your new guy should not be monitored for something your last guy did.

My boyfriend and I are together for a bit over a year now. My boyfriend said in that text: "i saw B. again today... mmmmm xD... she has a bit of a belly now though".

I think a text like that would bother me too, even though I understand that people gossip like that. I gossip about guys and send texts like that to my girlfriends etc. Still it doesn't erase it and can see how it would bother you, but he was just talking to a buddy, boy chatter. You can have eyes in a relationship and look and appreciate other attractive people but doesn't mean you would act on it, that's what matters. And this is coming from a super jealous person....

I think as long as you trust him you shouldn't worry too much about it, just sounds like locker room chatter between guys, as unpleasant as it may be guys are going to talk like that among each other sometimes. I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Thank you both for your reply already! It does make me a bit more comfortable now. I also overheard him talking to that friend about us, our relationship. He was so sweet! But he also said: "sometimes you see a really pretty girl but then...you know, you think of your girlfriend". I guess that's a good thing? ^^

I used to talk about girls with my guy friends all the time when I was in relationship. The thing is,my friends were mostly free and to join the conversation I had to do it, but I would never ever cheat on my ex with any of those girls I was talking about. So dont feel bad about it.

I'm assuming he didn't just show you this text while eating dinner, so my guess is you looked through his texts. Don't do that. People who look for trouble will inevitably find trouble, real or not.

As already stated, men are going to look. And, generally speaking, they're going to exchange sentiments on certain ladies with their buddies, whether vocally or through text. It ain't even a man thing, either. Some of the raunchiest **** I've ever heard came out of the mouths of taken women talking about hot guys.

Archived