She messages me all the time?!

Butterflyxx

I have this one friend, she's lovely and funny and always there for me etc, however every single day for the past year (since we became friends) she messages me, and sometimes I forget to reply as I'm often busy doing homework etc, like I don't mind talking to her but not every single day because sometimes I run out of things to say.

If I forget to reply back for a few hours she will message me again bringing up another conversation that I have to reply with.

I feel bad for saying all this as she is a really lovely person it just gets on my nerves a bit because sometimes I don't feel in the mood to reply everyday or I'm busy etc and I don't know how I tell her that we don't have to talk every single day. I hope I don't come across as harsh because I don't intent to, I just don't feel the need to talk to her every day, she has tons of other friends she can talk to yet she doesn't message them on a regular basis like me. What do I do without hurting her feelings?

Just tell her sometimes you are very busy and cannot talk for long periods of time or reply right back to her but you enjoy her company and definitely are not putting her on any kind of ignore and when you have the free time you always will reach back out to her and reply. Just say right now you do not have all the time to talk everyday, she should respect that.. it goes both ways.

I have this one friend, she's lovely and funny and always there for me etc, however every single day for the past year (since we became friends) she messages me, and sometimes I forget to reply as I'm often busy doing homework etc, like I don't mind talking to her but not every single day because sometimes I run out of things to say.

If I forget to reply back for a few hours she will message me again bringing up another conversation that I have to reply with.

I feel bad for saying all this as she is a really lovely person it just gets on my nerves a bit because sometimes I don't feel in the mood to reply everyday or I'm busy etc and I don't know how I tell her that we don't have to talk every single day. I hope I don't come across as harsh because I don't intent to, I just don't feel the need to talk to her every day, she has tons of other friends she can talk to yet she doesn't message them on a regular basis like me. What do I do without hurting her feelings?

It's funny that your boyfriend does this exact same thing to you and it upsets you.

Maybe this could help you understand your boyfriend better?

• 1 month later...

So I've got this friend, and she's a lovely girl, one of my closest friends, etc, but I feel bad for the fact that every single day, every single morning she messages me to have a conversation.

We go to the same school but in different grades so we don't see one another a lot, and I know she's only being friendly but she always wants to talk and sometimes (especially recently because ive been very busy with coursework), I haven't felt the need to converse (especially via social media) with her, nor my other friends.

Like I said, I know she means well but literally every morning she will start a conversation with me and it's always small talk, and for the most part, I find it quite irritating.

This has been happening for a year, and like I said I feel bad for finding it annoying, and sometimes I'll ignore a message she'll send me simply because I'm busy and I'll forget to reply and she'll message me the next morning.

I feel rude for saying all this because she's a great friend, but sometimes it's just a bit overwhelming and I'm an introvert so the majority of the time I like to spend it alone for example reading a book or revising etc.

She has cystic fibrosis, and because of this I feel like I'm being a bad friend because of not wanting to converse with her as much. I tried telling my siblings about this and ask for advice but they tell me that I'm being selfish and mean because of this illness she has and that I need to treat her with more respect, especially because she goes into hospital a lot and she's usually bored there so she will message me which is fine obviously, but sometimes it just gets irritating especially when I'm not using my phone at that moment in time or I'm busy doing something like coursework. (I feel so bad for saying all of this).

We meet up weekly for example every Friday and sometimes when we are both free during lunch time we hang out at school, but I just don't feel the need to talk to her every day.

I've thought about telling her in a nice way about all of this but she's an extremely sensitive person and I know she'd just take it the wrong way.

Please help?

You gotta understand that cystic fibrosis is a terrible disease. All chronic diseases are overwhelming to whoever has them. So, your friendship is of utmost importance to her.

Her sending you messages everyday show that you're clearly important to her. She needs you to be there.

That being said, if you ever tell her "please stop messaging me so often", you will definitely hurt her feelings. There's no such way to say such a thing without hurting someone.

You can, however, tell her you're busy and that you'll reply later when you're actually busy. You can also take a little longer to reply, if you're feeling overwhelmed.

Honestly, considering that you don't see each other so often and taking into account that all friendships fall apart in the end - we graduate, we get married, and etc - one day your friendship with her will naturally come to an end. So don't act in a way that may make you regret later. Enjoy what you have right now.

You posted this before.

I said at the time that now you understand how your ex felt when you kept messaging him and he didn't feel like responding.

Your friend feels the way you felt when your ex ignored you. Do you want to do what he did to someone who you say is a friend?

My friend sometimes messages me when I'm busy. I respond with "swamped right now, can we talk tomorrow? Love you "

It usually works fine.

Archived