Case of GIGS ? Please help me figure this out ...

lajavanaise

So last year my now ex dumped me without giving me a real reason. His reasons that he tried to give made no sense, and today I know it was a case of GIGS. I went into NC right away and 1 month later he came back crying for me back. I know he was seeing a girl (he probably left me for her) at that time, but he realized pretty soon that it was nothing for him and came back. Sometimes the grass is not greener !!!

Anyways I still loved him and took him back. (STUPID STUPID !!!!!!) He proposed to me and I became pregnant. He was so happy to have a baby on the way, he bought everything for the baby and was so excited ...

baby is born, he left me and the baby right after the hospital at my mothers place. I was supposed to stay there 1 week to rest and so that my mom could help out. After 2 weeks he said he did not want a relationship any longer, that he still wanted to see the baby once in a while but that was it. You can imagine how heartbroke I was and still am. He basically dumped me and the baby. Now I heard through the grapevine he is seeing another woman (who has a child of her own !!!) and I am pretty sure he already was involved with this woman before me giving birth (!!!!) since his attitude changed a lot even then ... That woman is older then me, she is a divorcee, has a child with another man ... All the things that are not compatible with him and he never wanted before, it makes no sense !

My question is could this again be the GIGS ? Will he realize what he has done once the grass becomes less green ? Leaving me and his newborn baby for another woman that he barely knows ... !!!

I added the story about last year because he did come back after seeing another woman, only took 1 month. But now there is a baby involved, it's not just about me !!! How can a relation last after leaving your child for this person ... It makes me so sad. Is that woman a rebound .. ? Not that I would ever take him back, but I hope he realizes what he did and comes back so I can kick him to the curve. I am in NC now, he has to contact my mother to see the baby, I just can not face him at this time, don't know if I'll ever be able to do so again at this point, I just want to know how serious this new relationship is and if he will regret his actions. He lost his family because of this woman he barely knows ...

He doesn't consider you a family...he isn't looking with the same lense you are. Please don't take him back again.

I was STUPID to take him back, biggest mistake of my life, but I don't regret having my daughter ... I can't understand how you can do this, leaving your baby for some woman he barely knows. I only hope that relationship won't last and he will have regrets and suffer the same way I am rigt now !!!

This isn't GIGS. This is a guy who is addicted to that "new love" feeling. And you are the backup girl he goes to when he doesn't have anything else on the horizon, because he is now assured you'll take him back when another woman wises up to him and dumps him.

I'm sorry, but this guy has just proven to you that he's a user and a selfish a**hat. Your only course of action is a) take him to court to make sure he pays child support since he does have a responsibility that goes well beyond "let me come see the baby every now and again." And court-ordered visitation rights as well or terminate the parental rights altogether. It is far more damaging for your child to have a father who flakes out on them simply coming around when it suits them and no one else. Which is exactly what this guy has already said he's going to do, so beat him to the punch and with a lawyer and the courts on your side insist he be responsible for his child financially and abide by the courts or that he get out of both your lives for good.

And please don't let him talk you back whenever he sees you interested in someone who might actually be a fit partner, something he's likely to do since really selfish people tend to view others as things to be possessed instead of people with their own rights OR whenever life isn't going well for him and he needs an ego boost of thinking he can walk all over you and demand whatever just to prove to himself he's the sh((s because you'll take him back.

GIGS is a whole other thing entirely, that's not what this is and that's not what this guy is displaying. He's a selfish "me first" who is in love only with his penis. Unfortunately that penis is having children and now it's your job to protect you and your child from the inevitable emotional damage having to be in contact with someone who has the ethics of a turnip will bring. Go see a lawyer, cease any and all contact unless it is strictly to do with the baby, and let him know he doesn't just get to jerk you and the baby around any time and only when he feels like it. Or he can forever say goodbye to the two of you.

I find it absolutely beyond appalling he'd have the nerve to beg you back, get you pregnant and then leave you the moment you had the baby. No one does that except the lowest of the low. Take the rose-colored glasses off and stop being nice to this one, he doesn't deserve it. You have a baby now and you need to focus on making your baby's life wonderful. And please next time choose a better partner, one that doesn't think it's okay to leave their newborn infant and partner for another woman and child out of the gate.

Archived