He Broke up with me and going out of his way to be rude

Simply123

My ex broke up with me almost four weeks ago and hasent contacted me . I called him after two weeks and wanted to clear everything up. So we met up and he said he dosent want the responsibility of a girlfriend and dosent want to answer to anyone and come and go as he pleases. I was very good to him and treated him very well. I saw him on Friday and he made it a point to wave to me and smiled. He knew I was going to be in the area and he could of definitely avoided me . Now he keeps posting snap chats and everytime there is something in the background that I bought him. I don't understand what he is doing . Is it anything at all?

He's acting like a jerk to assure himself you'll be there to continue doormatting for him should he decide whoever it is he thought he was dumping you for doesn't pan out. Hence the whole speech and yet the subtle reminders to you he is still around.

Honestly, you can do better. And you need to learn being really good to someone doesn't mean anything if the other person isn't good back to you. Otherwise people who use others see it as weakness and exploit it, which is what it sounds like he did and is doing.

Block and delete him, understand being a good girlfriend is only worth it if they are a good boyfriend back. And when they dump you and tell you they no longer want to be responsible in a relationship your only response should be an "Okay, gotcha. We're both moving on." Then you go home, block them on everything, get on with your life. And when they turn back up if they do, remind them they wanted no responsibilities and you are granting them that wish. And they can just keep out of your life.

You deserve better, heal and move on. This ship has sailed.

You know, I see that whole "it's immature if I do something to block or keep another person who has hurt me out of my life and away from me, so I can heal" think and I never, for the life of me, understand where that comes from. I mean, the only time anyone ever said that to me was an ex who wanted to keep hurting me who didn't like that I was going to get rid of him after he hurt me. He was trying to manipulate me and it didn't work. I told him mature people do not keep enemies or those who now act like enemies around them. And I blocked him.

The fact is OP the mature thing to do is to move on with your life and end things with someone who hurts you. The person who would call you immature for doing that would be the person who wants to keep hurting and/or controlling you. Manipulators typically are also the ones who use words like "immature" or "hysterical" or other insulting descriptions of what the rest of the world recognizes as basic common sense and survival.

The fact is you need to block him out of your life altogether. And yes, typically when you block someone from your social media it's not sending a message that you're immature. It's sending a message "I do not like how I was treated and you don't get to be rewarded by staying in my life as a result of that. You did something wrong, these are your consequences."

And there is nothing wrong with that. You are allowed to stand up for yourself and expect and yes, even demand you be treated with respect and care. And if someone can't manage to do that then really why on earth do you think they deserve any place in your life at all? Simple answer is they don't.

Archived