Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: " In a box not a bottle" Asperger's revealed

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Yes, I do not understand WHY someone would want a disability to feel like a special snow flake. WTH?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    link removed

On this list are many examples that most people with Asperger's have an enormous ability to forgive and don't carry prejudice or grudges. This is so true for my son. He has never carried a grudge in his life. And he forgives pretty much instantaneously.

Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
    Dislike any changes in routines.
    Appear to lack empathy.
    Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others' speech. So your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. And his or her speech may be flat and hard to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
    Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the word "beckon" instead of "call" or the word "return" instead of "come back."
    Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.
    Avoid eye contact or stare at others.
    Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
    Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or studying astronomy. They may show an unusual interest in certain topics such as snakes, names of stars, or dinosaurs.
    Have delayed motor development. Your child may be late in learning to use a fork or spoon, ride a bike, or catch a ball. He or she may have an awkward walk. Handwriting is often poor.
    Have heightened sensitivity and become overstimulated by loud noises, lights, or strong tastes or textures. For more information about these symptoms, see sensory processing disorder.

Originally Posted by Victoria66
    link removed

On this list are many examples that most people with Asperger's have an enormous ability to forgive and don't carry prejudice or grudges. This is so true for my son. He has never carried a grudge in his life. And he forgives pretty much instantaneously.
    People with Asperger's often have very little or no ability to play mind games because they don't see the point. They're thinking is very black-and-white so they do not play mind games.

My brother has an amazing capacity to forgive. After that "thing" that happened at his school (I think I messaged you about it, in 2012?), he forgave the professor. Very quickly. He didn't hold any grudges. My parents still hold a grudge against her. I have one too. But not him!!

My sister, too.

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    My brother has an amazing capacity to forgive. After that "thing" that happened at his school (I think I messaged you about it, in 2012?), he forgave the professor. Very quickly. He didn't hold any grudges. My parents still hold a grudge against her. I have one too. But not him!!

My sister, too.
    Yes, I think you did PM me about that. Yes, they do have an amazing capacity for forgiveness. It is what is so wonderful about them. Me too I have a harder time with forgiveness than he does. They have such beautiful qualities.

I can hold on to a grudge until I die. It's not a good trait to have. I feel like holding onto hate is something that can kill you but unfortunately I still have a knack for that although I don't have any seething feelings at the moment. I don't know how my siblings do it. How do they do it??

I don't mean to sound religious-y (promise I'm not) but there is something in Buddhism called "Buddha nature", about being loving and open to all around you. I feel like my sibs are like that. I am truly not.

Seriously, how do they do that?

Platinum Member
    could it be because they can more often than many of us not be clouded by motions when making judgements - of course that's a generalisation, and I could be very wrong. when I hear Temple Grandin speak about herself, O sort of melt in aew at her inner beautywhich I am sure would completely baffle her. She wouldn't understand it.

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I can hold on to a grudge until I die. It's not a good trait to have. I feel like holding onto hate is something that can kill you but unfortunately I still have a knack for that although I don't have any seething feelings at the moment. I don't know how my siblings do it. How do they do it??

I don't mean to sound religious-y (promise I'm not) but there is something in Buddhism called "Buddha nature", about being loving and open to all around you. I feel like my sibs are like that. I am truly not.

Seriously, how do they do that?
    I think because they process those emotions differently. And maybe they realized the futility.

Originally Posted by Silverbirch
    could it be because they can more often than many of us not be clouded by motions when making judgements - of course that's a generalisation, and I could be very wrong. when I hear Temple Grandin speak about herself, O sort of melt in aew at her inner beautywhich I am sure would completely baffle her. She wouldn't understand it.
    Yeah ,I think they process emotions in a completely different way. I know for sure my son has very deep emotions but he keeps them very close to his chest and processes almost exclusively internally. During this past week we had something pretty devastating happen in our family and it's very personal for him as well. He had a brief period of crying for a few minutes after knowing of the situation and then bottled it all back up. Even at his great grandfather's funeral he didn't cry even though I know he loved him very much. My son's emotions are extremely private. But I know he has very deep ones.

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice