What reasons would she have for unblocking me on facebook randomly?

So about two months ago I got blocked on Facebook by a girl I dated for 3 months prior. She also deleted my phone number.

Basically she lead me on during the 3 months because she wasn't fully over her ex boyfriend who she dumped. She was the one who asked me out so I

presumed being a 24 year old woman she was mature enough to know how she felt and if she was ready. I was obviously wrong and got quite hurt.

After she ended things I was gutted but she still wanted to maintain contact and "Hang out" as she put it. I was mature about it and spoke to her every

now and then and just said Hi etc. Nothing about us dating just general chit chat. I then noticed she was really cool and off with me

giving short answers and bit my head off when I suggested that we "hang out" as she had stated she wanted to. After telling her I had a birthday card and present for her

I had bought for her while we were still dating (it was her birthday the day after we ended) she suddenly started accusing me of pressuring her to hang out.

I was not at all. So I left it a good 4 weeks and didn't contact her.

After not hearing from her for a while I decided to ask about her new job and then suddenly boom, she blocked me. Page cannot

be displayed on Facebook message. I stayed blocked for only 6-7 weeks until a few days ago she unblocked me as I saw her

posting on a mutual friends post. It surprised me that she went out of her way, yes it is only a few clicks to unblock someone but she thought about it

and did. She has not messaged me and I am no longer her friend.

I obviously think she just blocked me to stop me contacting her even though I was just mature and friendly and not pressuring her at all. Very strange!

So what reasons have you unblocked someone randomly ? Why did she not keep me blocked forever and why now to unblock? Not much time has passed

since she did block me.

Mature responses thanks.

I know its petty but I take blocking personally. and I will not message her or talk to her again. I am just curious.

Reasons to unblock: boredom, random curiosity, thinking that you got the message so no need to block anymore, not wanting to be petty.

Sorry to point out that you need to stop being hung up on her. If you were really cool about the whole thing you wouldn't be analyzing this. She is not interested in you. Period. Time to move on.

I agree. I've only blocked people when I felt like I needed distance from myself and only one of my relationships ended in a blocking on fb. The other guy that I blocked was due to him kind of being a a**. The last guy that I dated for the same lengths of time you dated this girl- I didn't block him. I wanted to but didn't want to seam immature so instead, I deactivated my Facebook for a while. This way I didn't seam childish but I also didn't have the urge to contact or look at his page. what it sounds like to me is that she over-reacted blocked you and then felt like it was childish so she unblocked you. either way, no need to analyze it- doesn't change anything. If anything it should shed some light on how she thinks of you, and I would leave it alone and run! lol

Don't take blocking personally, its less about you and more about the person doing the blocking! trust me

Blocking someone is something you do when they have power over you...

You're hurt, can't seem them with someone else, etc.

Unblocking is the last thing that happens before indifference... We no longer care, but w'llcreep if we're bored the same way we do every other non important person.

Reasons to unblock: boredom, random curiosity, thinking that you got the message so no need to block anymore, not wanting to be petty.

Sorry to point out that you need to stop being hung up on her. If you were really cool about the whole thing you wouldn't be analyzing this. She is not interested in you. Period. Time to move on.

Thanks for responding. I guess I just wondered why she didn't just keep me blocked and don't understand why she would unblock if she was over it, its not like I would ever see her again. Could be a mixture of things you have said but the reason I ask is because you do take it personally when someone blocks you. I just don't like to think I angered someone and don't like to have enemies.

Maybe she just didn't want any part of you on her facebook and having you on a block list means you are there in a way on her facebook albeit on a list in her settings.

Either that or she was going through her settings, either adding others or reviewing her blocked list and figured you had got the message so there was no need to block you anymore.

ps, although you said you weren't pressurising her, it kinda comes accross that you were. She ended the relationship. Many people when they end a relationship often say they want to remain friends and hang out thinking that they are being kind. Most of them do not mean it even though they think they might do at the time. She is entitled to change her mind.

You said you were very hurt and obviously have alot of anger about this woman that you describe as someone who lead you on and is immature. It sounds like you kept initiating contact and she reciprocated politely until you kept pushing the matter about meeting up. Then you backed off for a few weeks and then tried to talk to her again before she blocked you.

Im sorry but she has made her feelings towards you clear, try to get over her and not continue to analyse things like if she has you blocked on facebook or not and her reasons why.

Archived