Difference between 'Romantic' and 'Sexual' feelings?

Kinkz

Are both romantic feelings and sexual feelings the same thing or are they different?

Also - Can you be romantic with someone without being sexual?

....and sexual without being romantic?

And as far as attraction/love goes - is it important to have both sexual and romantic feelings for said person?

In other words, can you be sexually attracted to a person but not be into romance that much (like candle light dinners, walks in moonlight, sitting in parks etc) but you still want to sleep with them and care about them?

a lot of questions here! i hope some of you can answer them for me

thanx!

They are different.

Romantic is about enjoying spending time with someone, enjoying their company. It's an 'innocent' kind of feeling. You can also have romantic sex which tends to be more gentle and carressing and loving.

Sexual is about getting jiggy. It's pure lust. It's animalistic.

You can most definitely be sexually attracted to someone without being romantically attracted to them.

Usually if you are romantically attracted to someone, it's about intimacy, and you want to bring that intimacy to a sexual level. But not always... like at the beginning of a relationship, that romance, that intimacy may be enough. It does not necessarily have to culminate in sex.

I think you most definitely have to have both in a relationship. Although, the romantic attraction is kind of more important (in my opinion) than the sexual attraction. The sexual attraction comes on it's own. It's inevitable when you care about someone at a deep romantic level. Have you ever found someone more physically attractive after getting to know them? It's kind of like that. It just happens. Then the animal comes out. LOL!

Are both romantic feelings and sexual feelings the same thing or are they different?

They are very different.

can you be sexually attracted to a person but not be into romance that much (like candle light dinners, walks in moonlight, sitting in parks etc) but you still want to sleep with them and care about them?

People have often confused romance with sex. Often people do the clichéd romantic things (candle light dinners, roses etc) as a way to get someone in the mood for sex. Romance is very often tied in with "priming someone" for the sexual encounter. Lots of men do all these romantic clichés just to get the woman "ready for bed".

True romance is more than just candlelight dinnders, roses, walks in the park etc. It is about truly connecting with someone on an emotional and spiritual level. Romance can be just spending time with the person and the special glances and feelings that are felt when in each other's company. Romance can be just the little things that the couple do for each other. Sexual feelings can be intertwined with romantic feelings, but romantic feelings are not necessarily part of sexual feelings.

In my opinion both feelings can be special, together. But romantic feelings are different from sexual feelings. I can be romantic with 'her' by wining & dining her, being flirty, even by having a emotional & spirtual connection. Meaning, we can enjoy just about all the benefits of a what a great couple could be, but without being sexual. And, obviously.. sexual feelings can be either with or minus the above.

If i liked someone much..

Sometimes i would want him to be romantic with me without being sexual

and other times i would want to be just sexual without being romantic.

For me, being romantic is when you do the whole emotional/spiritual/friendship connection thing, backed up by physical gestures like flowers, booking your fave restaurent, gifts etc and ending the day by being intimate with each other and then waking up together etc

I suppose both feelings to go hand in hand, but as someone else said, i also think being romantic/idea of romance does seem a bit more innocent - Providing it IS for the reason of enjoyment and loving each others company (is hardly innocent if someone is being romantic just for the sakes of getting someone to bed, now is it?!)

They are different but in my opinion one can not go without the other when it comes to a long lasting relationship.

Also - Can you be romantic with someone without being sexual?

....and sexual without being romantic?

I am sure that is possible but not for everyone.

And as far as attraction/love goes - is it important to have both sexual and romantic feelings for said person?

In other words, can you be sexually attracted to a person but not be into romance that much (like candle light dinners, walks in moonlight, sitting in parks etc) but you still want to sleep with them and care about them?

Yes, but caring is usually not on the same level as someone would in a romantic relationship.

a lot of questions here! i hope some of you can answer them for me

thanx!

It's very simple with me.

There's love. And there's lust.

I want my relationship with my future wife to be both love and a bit of lust.

Love is all about caring sharing and what not.

Lust is all about sex. And nothing more. Once you have sex and you start to cuddle? you're in the 'love' area.

The best is combination of the two.

On a completely general remark with that word lust, there's some much negativity associated with it and sex. I mean the whole topic of being shallow demonstrates this with sex/sex appeal?

Thankfully there are plenty of logical people who don't think this but still not publicly said. I occasionally have a discussion turn to rubbish the instant someone mentions anything relating to lust/physical appeal. Sad ...

I find the term Lust related to infatuation more than anything else which I also find an ugly thing.

I term used for someone who gets delusional about someone and blows them into someone more than they really are.

This usually ends up with the person who is infatuated about wondering what happened when the infatuated all of a sudden stops what appeared to be genuine love and finds someone else.

Lust is the most important thing in a relationship, many would call it a spark in a relationship.

Romance is a good way to keep the spark going as people take a break from lust for a little while and want to feel it again, wanting it again keeps the attraction going.

Having too much of either would definitely numb the attraction.

There is a delicate balance of romance to lust in a relationship.

Romance being the spice in the dish.

I think when you lust after someone, you would want to woo them and be romantic with them once ina while.

It does keep the spark going.

I think having raw sex all the time without anything else to compliment it, like romance, would eventually in the end make you burn out and the attraction will be gone. So there would be no romantic feelings and no sexual feelings left.

So yeh i definitely agree, both are needed in healthy relationships and are two different things which compliment each other.

Speaking from my experience...

I can only feel romantic (in love, enamoured, enchanted) to only 1 girl at a time. And that's a loooooong time at that, like 2-3-5 years straight. She occupies my mind, I try to write about her, draw her, find times where I can see her (even from a distance), have dreams about her... Every time we meet I feel electric shock jerking my heart, I gasp for air, feel like I'm flying upside down, forget all word and feel enormously happy inside.

As for sexual - it can be as much as 5 girls a day I meet up during the day or see in the street, shop, tram or wherever. Any healthy looking and cute enough girl would do. But I guess only males can understand fully what I mean - it is the need, something similar to what you feel looking at fresh clear water during hot exhausting sunny day.

And, of course, it is the best when 2 of them are combined together, like sweet and spicy awesomesauce!

Archived