Any man out there that was/is a GROOMZILLA?

I HAD to post this & see if there are any men on this site that think they were/is or would be a groomzillaaaaa! Since we always hear about bridezillas...

My SO when we first got engaged 3 months ago was just yes'ing me to death about everything that had to do with the wedding. He didn't care where/when just pretty much tell him the time/date & he will be there BUT NOW - he's super involved & wants EVERYTHING perfect. Mind you - this is a small private beach wedding. Nothing big & glamorous (thank goodness) not sure how bad it would get if it was a huge wedding lol

One small example - last night we were looking at different wedding invitations online & he was comparing his cousins invitation that we just got last week...the "ink" on the invitation wasn't perfect & he was like I would never let that slide & the stamp was "cheesy" lol So he went & ordered customized stamps & rsvp stamps which he spent 100 bucks on! Its soo funny how the tables have turned.

I shouldnt complain because Im not much of a planner & deep down glad he's taking the lead on this! Just never expected it from my manly man hehe.

Anyone else?

For my wedding, I chose everrrrrrrrrrything, I mean I tried my best to take him with me! I begged and pleaded for him to have a say in things and we got into afew fights cos he just would'nt choose anything! he'd come but shrug at me!

THEN when I had chosen everything and ordered things... he THEN decided to tell me he felt he did'nt have a say in anything GRRRRRR!!!

For my wedding, I chose everrrrrrrrrrything, I mean I tried my best to take him with me! I begged and pleaded for him to have a say in things and we got into afew fights cos he just would'nt choose anything! he'd come but shrug at me!

THEN when I had chosen everything and ordered things... he THEN decided to tell me he felt he did'nt have a say in anything GRRRRRR!!!

That's how I was starting to feel & told him he's a groomzilla haha But at the same time, he is a perfectionist & anything he picks he makes sure I see it first & everything is beautiful! So Im happy he's taking the lead

Haha I thought this thread was going to be about guys who liked to keep well groomed... I guess its just a matter of getting them to have some stake in the thing. After all, for most guys, "that special day" is the day they lose their virginity, not their wedding!

Its funny cos, when he was'nt interested in anything and I was begging him to be, I hated it... then when I started changing things cos he felt he did'nt have a say, I got mad cos I wanted to be in charge LOL I was bridezilla hahaha.

Its funny cos, when he was'nt interested in anything and I was begging him to be, I hated it... then when I started changing things cos he felt he did'nt have a say, I got mad cos I wanted to be in charge LOL I was bridezilla hahaha.

LOL - Im no where near a bridezilla but I never would have thought he would be this way! I told him last night just give me the time/date & I'll be there - you do the rest. This wedding stuff is EASY haha

can i just say, why not 09/09/09? lol

I wanted it to be 9/9/09 but its on a wednesday & his cousin is getting married on 9/12/09 so too close to one another.

We were gonna do 10/10/10 but that was too far away, we couldnt wait that long! lol

lol, ok, why not 03/06/09 lol but that is fair enough, shame though! would be so cool.

cause that would give us not even 3 months to plan the wedding lol. We got engaged this year on new years eve. Figured everyone in our family would be ok flying down in June & its not TOO close to his cousins wedding

I hope there is at least one guy on here that can say he was or is or will be a groomzilla! I would love to hear his story, CMON guys dont be SHY!

I got engaged on July the 18th 08, and married on August 28th 08 LOL

That was some crazy ass stressful planning.

Yeah wow...seriously thats crazy stuff, I would go NUTS lol. Our problem is our family is spread out all over the country, some NJ/PA/NYC/FL/MA/CA etc...getting them all here in 2 months would be almost impossible.

Yeah, I lost my mind, still don't have it all back...

You reeeally excited? got anything chosen already?! I loved choosing everything.

I saw your pic by the way, you will be a gorgeous bride! congratulations (I know I'm late) lol

oh sorry, you do ur dates differently... lol!

i meant third of the 6th lol

LOL no idea why - we just came up with 6/6/09 & stuck with it

Yeah, I lost my mind, still don't have it all back...

You reeeally excited? got anything chosen already?! I loved choosing everything.

I saw your pic by the way, you will be a gorgeous bride! congratulations (I know I'm late) lol

Im REALLY excited, I cant even describe it. So far we just got the beach location & I got my dress lol. Slowly working on everything else.

The pic? You saw the wedding dress I posted? And thank you sooo much

Ohhh I did see your wedding dress that is beautiful!

The pic I meant was in your profile, you are sooo pretty you will look fantastic.

You decided to go with the lovely beach thats close to you then?

Its amazing all the little details that go into weddings that make it all come together. A beach wedding will be brilliant, can't wait to go to my sisters in Hawaii!

Thanks again Grrrr

The beach we are having the ceremony on is about 15 minutes from our house, its sooo beautiful. The sand is soooo white it looks like snow & the water is turquoise blue/green. I cant wait to take pictures hahaha

I will get married....12/12/12 LOL

I guess that's my last chance to have a silly date wedding, unless they invent a 13th month

I would love a wedding around that time. A winter wedding would be neat.

But that got a big NO..as my birthday is on Christmas..he'd get hit with having to celebrate triple in one month haha.

Either fall or winter my grandparents got married in December, and so did some family friends. I just love how white and clean everything looks in their pictures.

11/11/11 is too many odd numbers though!

Do you like or hate having your birthday on Christmas?

I'm set on a Fall wedding. I get obsessed and out of control when fall rolls around, there's no other time of year I'd have a wedding haha. Unless it was a destination wedding.

I don't really like it, to be honest.

Do you think anyone wants to celebrate a birthday on Christmas? No. Not very many people remember it. It's so hard to plan anything because people are travelling, going here or there for the holidays.

We've tried celebrating it November 25th, but it doesn't feel like my birthday so its hardly exciting.

I don't know. I get a few golden minutes on Christmas, where I get an extra present or two, and then its back focused on Christmas.

Archived