"Don't talk to me until you're done lying."

c0nfus3d

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 1 year and 3 months. We used to spend every day together, but then I moved 2 hours away for college in August. We use webcams to keep the intimacy going. We used the webcams probably 4 times a week at first... and now it's just pretty much stopped. We plan the days that we're going to do it, and he keeps breaking the plans. The first time he broke plans was so he could hang out with a friend, but he said he was going to be back home in time to still do it. He didn't get home until 3 am, and he was too tired. I didn't get mad. The next time we planned to do it, he was really cold and tired. And then this last time, on Thursday he didn't feel good, so he said we would do it on Friday. He still didn't feel good on friday, so he promised we would do it last night. Instead, he texted me saying he was going to a friend's house. He asked if I was going to wait up for him. I said, "Well, I hope hanging out with Josh is worth hurting me and breaking a promise. There's always an excuse now and I'm really sick of it. You're going to put me on hold and make me wait when I had plans with you first." and all he said was, "I'm freaking sorry I don't know what else to say. We're talking right now, arent we?" and I said, "You know tonight was going to be more than talking and I was excited. How about you not talk to me until you're done lying to me?" and he said "okay..."

That was last night, and I haven't heard anything since. I don't really know what to do.. I'm not going to apologize this time.

It sounds like this is an LDR that is petering out. He should WANT to talk to you, and be happy and excited to talk to you, and if he is finding a million other things to do than talk to you, there is a good change he is losing interest in the long distance relationship and is perhaps seeing someone else (i am sorry).

At your age, unfortunately it can be a case of out of sight, out of mind. You should be enjoying your own college experience, so don't sit around waiting for him if he is not doing the same with you. Perhaps it is time to move on. Talk to him about whether he thinks you should break up or stay together. If he wants to stay together, then he has to work harder to keep your bond strong in spite of the distance.

Looks like the long distance is now starting to take its toll. Dont take that as an 'oh thats it its all over now' if you want it to work then you two really need to start talking, both be very honest with eachother. With this webcam business he may feel that because you planned these days it may feel like a routine to him so it doesnt feel as special. Talk to him about this when you both have calmed down and if it is the end then dont worry about it (easier said then done i know) long distance relationships are very hard to do but if you are both willing to put the effort in then good luck.

What do I do if he hasn't contacted me today?

Well your both probably still emotional over what happened. You both may be thinking 'should i contact them first?' its up to you if you want to contact him first but really because of whats happened it should be him making the first move.

I really want to text him, but then I think about what I would say... and I really don't want to anymore. The only thing I could say that wouldn't cause any more chaos would be "sorry", and I have nothing to apologize for. He has to come to me first.

The whole reason why I pulled the "don't talk to me thing" was to get the point accross to him that I am serious. I always want to talk to him no matter what.. I have never said anything like that to him before. Hopefully he got the message.

As youve told him to not talk to you until he's done lying wait for him to get back in touch with you...then hopefully he'll be truthful to you about what is going on..

...it wil give him some time to think, and you also, to see whether you can continue like this or end it. Stay strong...he;s young and clearly is losing interest, doesnt want to be tied down and often LDR take more effort...

Archived